Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA YouFirst - unhelpful and poor service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Yes you can get from T5B to T5C, just go back down to the shuttle. Most people will be getting off, but you don't need to be one of them

You can even get back from T5B to to T5A, but it's a bit of a faff.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
I just had a really nice experience with YouFirst - tried to book a cabana last minute for a layover next Tuesday. Found the telephone rep extraordinarily nice - I had apparently called after hours so he said he'd call me back the next day when the London offices opened and he indeed did just that - EXACTLY when he said he was going to. Cabanas all booked up unfortunately but he told me to try when I got to the CCR for any last minute cancellations and also reminded me of Elemis. I then asked if there was any point in linking the two separate PNR's in our itinerary and he said absolutely and quickly made a note in our record to address that too ^^^
Old Dec 12, 2013, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by matinicus rock
I just had a really nice experience with YouFirst - tried to book a cabana last minute for a layover next Tuesday. Found the telephone rep extraordinarily nice - I had apparently called after hours so he said he'd call me back the next day when the London offices opened and he indeed did just that - EXACTLY when he said he was going to. Cabanas all booked up unfortunately but he told me to try when I got to the CCR for any last minute cancellations and also reminded me of Elemis. I then asked if there was any point in linking the two separate PNR's in our itinerary and he said absolutely and quickly made a note in our record to address that too ^^^
This seems like pretty standard service to me, the rep couldn't help you because they only built 3 cabanas (which need refurb) in their flagship lounge and they were booked, they reminded you of a pretty substandard massage/aka push Elmis products on passengers, and linked your PNR - all seem pretty basic to me. Is this outstanding BA service?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
I never said "outstanding," and it seemed really nice to me.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
I expect to get flamed for a failure to search, but I swear I've looked and simply can't find it.

Is there a USA-based number for You First? I swear there was the last time I flew BA F (March 2012) but I cannot find it and the Indian call center people have proven very frustrating to deal with.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by OverpaidSlacker
I expect to get flamed for a failure to search, but I swear I've looked and simply can't find it.

Is there a USA-based number for You First? I swear there was the last time I flew BA F (March 2012) but I cannot find it and the Indian call center people have proven very frustrating to deal with.
A good place to start might be ba.com. If you look at ba.com under travel classes, First, you will find information about a dedicated helpdesk, which includes the following:
You First

You First is for US and Canadian residents who have booked a flight in First that is operated by British Airways. You may also nominate someone else to manage your booking on your behalf by informing the You First team.

We’ll be happy to help with travel queries, booking Concorde Room facilities or Elemis spa treatments, journey disruption, mishandled bags, customer relations queries and more.

Call us

The You First helpdesk is open from 07.30 to 20.00 EST , seven days a week:

- In the US - 800 331 1332

- From Canada and overseas - +44 161 448 3382
http://www.britishairways.com/en-us/...es/first/first
Old Jul 19, 2014, 5:58 am

Does You First still provide flight menus on request?

(Sorry if not 100% on topic)
Old Jul 19, 2014, 6:19 am

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
A good place to start might be ba.com. If you look at ba.com under travel classes, First, you will find information about a dedicated helpdesk, which includes the following:
Thanks. I had, obviously, tried ba.com. Several times. I could only find a UK number and a +44 number for "out of UK". I must have UK cookies on my browser or something, and I couldn't find it searching with Google or FT. Appreciate your help. Even if a bit snarky.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
Does You First still provide flight menus on request?

(Sorry if not 100% on topic)
Yes they do.

I requested one for our flight to Tokyo next week and received the menu
via email within 24 hours.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Anyone else had any experience of YouFirst saying the Spa at T5 is fully booked for pre booking? Was trying to book for Thursday next week, but apparently there's nothing available and I should try my luck with a Walk-in appointment.

A bit annoying, somewhat compounded by BA sending their standard PreFlight Services email directly after YouFirst's with the top item being:

As a First passenger you can pre-book an appointment at The Elemis Spa before you travel.

Hmmm.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:15 am

Yes, very common for me.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:18 am

I phoned to be told I was asking too early. Phoned back a week later to be told that all slots had been booked but got the line about walk-up appointments being made available for F travellers on the day.

Despite a 3+ hour wait in the CCR and asking as soon as we arrived, there was nothing available. Very disappointing for my travelling companion on their first F.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:51 am

Also travelling in F next week and was told by YouFirst that all slots were taken and I should try to book when I get to the lounge. Certainly diminishes the First experience.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Apparently there are only two slots at a time for pre-booking the others are apparently left available to give CW and GCH a chance to experience the spa, as they don't get the chance to book in advance......

Will take my "chance" when I get there, but this is frankly nonsense - what's the point in heavily promoting something you can't deliver on.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: AA: Life time PLT; HH Diamond
One World Status showing?

Out of curiosity: Does the You First screen show if you are Platinum with American (ie OW Sapphire ) or simply your BA status?
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.