Wiki Posts
Search

Flight time changes - can I rebook?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2012, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Flight time changes - can I rebook?

If in MMB my flight time has changed, am I able to change what flight I'm on, free of charge, if I'm not happy with the new time?

If yes, is there a min amount of time the flight needs to have changed by? Or can you change your flight, even if the new flight is 5 minutes later?

Or is it in the Ts & Cs that BA reserve the right to change a flight time and there is nothing I can do about it?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
Somebody discovered this advice to travel agents a few days ago: http://www.speedbirdclub.com/en/all-...ordelaycancsc/

Their use of English is appalling and I'm not entirely sure how to interpret this

Schedule changes

If the customers flight has been schedule changed and the new flight time is unacceptable to the customer. Only offer and discuss the option below which is applicable for the situation that you handling.

* Schedule Change less than 120 minute from the original departure time:

If the customers flight is affected by a schedule change less than 120 minutes before departure, then the following conditions can be applied if the customer is unhappy with the new time:
Rebook on to the next available BA or if JB route BA, BA*IB or BA*AA flight to the same destination. This can be before or after the scheduled departure time but must be on the same day and booked in same class and cabin. (BA only then the customer may be booked in the lowest available class in Cabin)

* Schedule Change more than 120 minutes from the original departure time:

If the customers flight is affected by a schedule change that is 120 minutes or more from the original departure time, then the following conditions can be applied:
Rebook on to the next available BA or if JB route BA, BA*IB or BA*AA flight to the same destination. This can be before or after the scheduled departure time but must be on the same day and booked in same class and cabin. (If the same booking class is not available then the customer may be booked in the lowest available class in Cabin)

OR

Refund the ticket purchased to the original form of payment
hth
Old Jul 24, 2012, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
That does help, thank you and hopefully means I can now get an earlier flight rather than staying late in the evening.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold; *G
Is anyone else able to verify this information for me as current? I am having difficulty because American has changed the flight time for a BA booking connecting to a BA service. Orbitz say I can't change the booking at all and have to accept the alternative they offered me. The minimum connection time is OK but I wanted to enjoy the lounge and the connection is now so tight I'll probably be running to make the connection with security etc.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 10:07 pm

By how much has the time changed?

You mention American but you seem to have two BA flights. If you are connecting in the US they are pretty good in my experience of expediting people through security where necessary.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:14 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
I had a 4 hr change on mia-gcm leg that now leaves before my inbound lands from lhr in j with ba (lowest booking class as cheapo ex-eu from dub booked on aa.com). Asked to get on the lhr-nas-gcm 253 (or 252, whatever it is) but was told by aa that was a premium flight and i could not be moved to it. Aa chap checked with his rebooking desk more than once but no go. They put me on aa 57 (or 56!) to mia 4 hr earlier than the ba flight and now leaving dub the night before and they would not pay for a hotel in lhr. Would be interesting to know the above as the change was >120 mins. It was an aa booking and they did rebook me on a nice shiny 777-300 the same day only after makin me leave a day earlier from dub, but would be interesting to know as i would assume it will be for aa as well.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 1:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jcm9000
I had a 4 hr change on mia-gcm leg that now leaves before my inbound lands from lhr in j with ba (lowest booking class as cheapo ex-eu from dub booked on aa.com). .
That's somewhat unusual, normally AA go the extra mile even if the ticket is super duper cheap and they've moved the flight 15 minutes. Almost anything seems possible. Now my experiences are with AA/US domestically and here you are asking AA to move to a different route on a different airline, so in BAEC speak, "while I can appreciate why you are asking, nevertheless on yer bike". Perhaps you can take a copy of the fare buckets in Expert Flyer or the other alternatives, and call AA again if you see movement but I doubt you will get away with this. I'm very surprised they didn't simply move the GCM flight to a later one? Even if that made for an overnight, then MIA is better place for it, I would have thought.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold; *G
My flights are DCA-JFK on AA but sold as BA ticket. JFK - LHR on BA. All booked on Orbitz. The change is less than 120 minutes. I now have 2hrs 10 connection time at JFK to the last BA of the night.

The thought of a massage and Christmas champagne in the lounge has been replaced with the thought of a night at a JFK hotel.... (now that will destroy any hope I had for sympathy).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.