Wiki Posts
Search

Holy __ CCR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2012, 6:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by stimpy
People mostly complain here.
It's far easier to complain on here so it can become quite skewed. Plus you always get people jumping on the bandwagon just for the sake of putting the boot in.

What really counts is the feedback they have been receiving through other means.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by HIDDY
It's far easier to complain on here so it can become quite skewed. Plus you always get people jumping on the bandwagon just for the sake of putting the boot in.

What really counts is the feedback they have been receiving through other means.
Surely the feedback that BA receive is also quite skewed? It comes from the GPM Onboard Survey (biased towards Happy Punters selected by the Senior Crew Member), It comes from "Well Dones" and it comes from complaints.

I suspect that few of us actually bother to complain about our regular issues with the CCR and other minor ground based issues. As a result it is quite easy for BA to form entirely the wrong impression based upon the skewed sample of feedback they receive. If BA carried out random sampling they would get far more effective (and informative) feedback on PAX perceptions but for some odd reason BA choose not to do this.

I think that you are right it is easier for people to moan on here and few will follow up on this, you seem to reach the conclusion though that makes such moans invalid and unrepresentative, I would argue that it means the opposite, especially since this feedback comes from CCR regulars rather than those who rarely visit and might be more easily impressed.

I think the fact that BA makes no more than a token effort to gather feedback from customers and even that feedback is skewed towards positive responses speaks volumes about the substance behind the veneer of "to fly to serve". The sad thing is the relatively minor issues noted could be solved relatively cheaply, quickly and easily if only they had some proper management attention. I don't think the issues at T5 are any worse really than they were in T4. The problem is the service isn't any better either.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:04 am

I suppose what I'm getting at is....if BA are not seeing the same amount of negative feedback through normal channels that we seem to see on here then I guess they won't be in any rush to change things.
I find it strange how some regular visitors say they've always had satisfactory experiences in the CCR while others say they haven't so it wouldn't surprise me if BA are just as confused as I am.

Then again, maybe I shouldn't be surprised.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I suppose what I'm getting at is....if BA are not seeing the same amount of negative feedback through normal channels that we seem to see on here then I guess they won't be in any rush to change things.
As per above though they won't be seeing much in the way of ngative remarks given the limited extent to which they methodically attempt to understand how passengers feel about the lounge experience.

Everyones needs are different. If you don't want to eat or drink, the service issues will not present, if you get a good day with everyone being proactive (and I have had some of those) you will not have any issues, if you are in a Cabana with a call bell there is less opportunity for these issues to be present. Some people may also just have very low expectations/standards. It isn't surprising you get different views but the themes point to the same thing:-

• The JFK CCR is MUCH better than the T5 one not because of the physical environment or menu but because of the service ethic in the lounge staff
  • Service can be difficult to find in the T5 CCR
  • The attitude/approach of staff in the T5 CCR sometimes leaves something to be desired
  • The Quintessentially desk is hopeless

If just one person was raising these issues it could be down to them being picky, if many are picking up the same issues that says that many people have issues, the fact that some are OK with the current state does not make those issues less real.

I don't see BA making any real attempt to capture feedback on the lounge service. The GPM questionnaire doesn't go into enough detail even if the respondents were less skewed. How else do they get structured (as opposed to ad hoc compliment/complaint feedback)?

Is the CCR the worst lounge in the World, clearly not. Could it be better yes of course it could. Are there less issues in the Flounge not really the only positive is you can bypass the service issues by not interacting with the staff at all.

In marked contrast the LGW Flounge has delightful staff but it isn't physically great, the shower area is tired and the food selection not up to scratch.

You seem to occupy a very extreme world where everything is either perfect as it is or utterly unacceptable with no middle ground inbetween?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
I am in the CCR now, it was packed full about 30 minutes ago. Everything is clean, staff is pleasant, even approaching people on the terrace asking if they needed anything. On their best behavior for the Olympics?

Edit: as soon as a table clears out, they seem to swoop in with a very silent vacuum and give the area a once over. Seen that twice now.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
I find it strange how some regular visitors say they've always had satisfactory experiences in the CCR while others say they haven't so it wouldn't surprise me if BA are just as confused as I am.

Then again, maybe I shouldn't be surprised.
The usual BA - consistent in its inconsistency. My own experiences with the CCR have been both flawless and dreadful.

In the CCR it should be flawless every time.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
You seem to occupy a very extreme world where everything is either perfect as it is or utterly unacceptable with no middle ground inbetween?
I don't think I'm as bad as that.

I'm just trying to get my head around why....if it's so obvious there are problems in the CCR BA do not seem to be all that bothered in rectifying them?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 9:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DFB_london

As someone who's been through the London CCR three times in the last fortnight, with yet another to come this week, the point there is the F lounge does not excuse a nice lounge where a lot of effort has been spent making the hard product good. (Yep, its not the croydon meets rock n' roll mid life crisis middle management VS clubhouse, thankfully).
Oy, that's my home town you are slagging off! One more word of criticism and I will send the Reeves Corner incendiaries after you.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HilFly
The usual BA - consistent in its inconsistency. My own experiences with the CCR have been both flawless and dreadful.

In the CCR it should be flawless every time.
Which matches my own experience plus a degree of mediocrity.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:27 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
why....if it's so obvious there are problems in the CCR BA do not seem to be all that bothered in rectifying them?
an interesting question, indeed.

When I last met him, Mr Van de Post did realise the food was awful - which is why the menu changed. He also knew they have a wider LHR CCR problem: I suspect the change may come if/when the service provider contract is up for rebid. It can't come soon enough, in my view...

..but only if BA management can educate themselves better about how to run a contract. Unfortunatelly the way they seem to (mis)manage their cleaning contracts suggests that they may still need to get educated.

Anyway, my wish: Please let the next contract have minimum servcie level Agreements in it, agreed break-clause for non performance, and strong penalties (up to contract removal) and bonuses for customer satisfaction metrics.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I have to say after my first BA F flight I was underwhelmed with the service too. In the dining area most staff just ignored us, after 15 minutes of being ignored we had to flag someone down and ask him for a menu and when he did bring it over he only brought one sowe had to share it He then decided to go and chat with his colleagues and never did return to take the order.

So after another 10 minutes of waiting we manage to attract the attention of the only person working in the dining area that was doing a good job. Service improved at this point but was still slower than necessary as she was the only person making an effort.

I hope they can address the issue - identify the good staff and reward them and get rid of those that don't perform (after giving them the chance to improve).

It'd be a very nice lounge if the service improved, if I'd not read FT I'd have assumed that I was just unlucky and had a day when a lot of regular staff were off and they needed to hire temp staff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.