FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Holy __ CCR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1368926-holy-__-ccr.html)

JohnnyUMF Jul 22, 2012 5:45 am

Holy __ CCR

The other day in F went to LHR CCR for all of five minutes, crowded, no service and dirty, walked into the F Galleries, a much more pleasant experience on all accounts. I've had better experiences in Galleries Club at outstations than my past three CCR experiences. What gives, how can BA have such a __up in the flagship lounge experience?

G-BOAC Jul 22, 2012 6:19 am

The CCR frankly seems a bit small and/or understaffed. This morning, T5 was a dream (very nice check-in man, empty fast track) until I hit the CCR when it was heaving. I was told 10 minutes for a breakfast booth. The lady was polite but clearly put upon. In that situation, what can you do? Wait and get a table and nice service when you do get a table a few minutes later by being calm, polite and understanding; or shout at the poor woman (who isn't at fault) and generally be a tit? I chose the former, obviously. Unfortunately, some people didn't :(

By about 11am the place had cleared a bit and was a lot calmer.

Aside from the wait though, service was good at the bar and in the dining once we got a table. Everyone was nice and helpful (both the BA staff and the catering staff).

Yahillwe Jul 22, 2012 6:27 am

I have never sat in the booths, find them too claustrophobic. I usually sit at the table d'hote, the one next to the service area of the booths, have never had any problems finding a seat or being served there.

corporate-wage-slave Jul 22, 2012 6:49 am

Actually CCR tends not to get too busy if you include the terrace in front. Or the Board Room (where there's a buzzer to get service). There's also a side wing to the right of the terrace entrance which is often quiet.

It can get a bit "crowded" in the mornings as the Trans Atlantic flights arrive with flight connection passengers AND the first New York outbounds get going. In the evenings they can be very cool and quiet in there. "Crowded", incidentally, means in a cluster of 4 seats and sofas you may not get all 4 to your very own!

As MadameY points out, they are happy to serve food anywhere you want it.

If speed is of the essence then I guess that's the reason for the Flounge next door.

ESpen36 Jul 22, 2012 7:11 am

I tried out the Concorde Room for the first time today, and then I hopped over to the Galleries First and even upstairs to the Club Lounge. I have to say that while the Concorde Room was quite impressive, in terms of its decor and amenities, I prefer the self-serve options at the Galleries First.

HIDDY Jul 22, 2012 7:56 am

To hear the premier BA lounge being called "crowded"......is music to shareholders ears.

BA do seem to be pulling in the punters.

crazyarmadillo Jul 22, 2012 8:13 am

Originally Posted by ESpen36 (Post 18978708)
I tried out the Concorde Room for the first time today, and then I hopped over to the Galleries First and even upstairs to the Club Lounge. I have to say that while the Concorde Room was quite impressive, in terms of its decor and amenities, I prefer the self-serve options at the Galleries First.

^ we feel the same, whilst CCR is quite exclusive and calm (when we have been there), after the first couple of visits the novelty wore off, and we too prefer the self service at GF and the option of ordering from the menu if time allows.

seanp7 Jul 22, 2012 8:31 am

Originally Posted by ESpen36 (Post 18978708)

They're both good, however interesting to note that on my last visit the CCR attendant said "many people prefer the buffet in First so you might want to go over there". Wasn't forceful, just a suggestion.

will2288 Jul 22, 2012 8:38 am

I would be curious to know what the OP thought was dirty.

Every thing has seemed very clean to me when I have visited.

Sixth Freedom Jul 22, 2012 9:16 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 18978886)
To hear the premier BA lounge being called "crowded"......is music to shareholders ears.

Or maybe it means that F is too cheap and BA are throwing revenue away! :eek::D;)

JohnnyUMF Jul 22, 2012 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom (Post 18979215)
Or maybe it means that F is too cheap and BA are throwing revenue away! :eek::D;)

:D probably how they see it, BA should make it much more expensive than LH and ensure the products are of much less quality, likely current BA customers will continue to be tricked!

JohnnyUMF Jul 22, 2012 9:58 am

Originally Posted by will2288 (Post 18979053)
I would be curious to know what the OP thought was dirty.

Every thing has seemed very clean to me when I have visited.

Used glasses about, napkin on floor by seat, furniture I saw appears to have some stains and tables needing to be wiped down. Essentially, small details I have never seen in a few visits to LH's first lounge products.

JohnnyUMF Jul 22, 2012 10:01 am

Originally Posted by seanp7 (Post 18979018)
They're both good, however interesting to note that on my last visit the CCR attendant said "many people prefer the buffet in First so you might want to go over there". Wasn't forceful, just a suggestion.

Sad that the CCR actually had to make such a suggestion to a passenger entering the premier ground product, can you imagine an LH FCL attendent saying this to a passenger 'You may want to go to the Senator Lounge...' or really any other airline having to make such a statement about its premier product.

Dave_C Jul 22, 2012 10:16 am

It's interesting that these threads seem to be coming up more and more regularly, despite BA senior management seemingly being aware of the issues, and even a formal response from Nicci.

It does reinforce my opinion that the current outsourcer providing the services there needs to be kicked out, and the contract performed by someone else, or taken in house. Either way it needs a step change, and to be honest, see no indication that management can be bothered to make it happen. Sad.

HIDDY Jul 22, 2012 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom (Post 18979215)

Quite possible.....I suppose having a cheap bum on a seat is better than no bum at all.