Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A new addition to the BA forum moderator team

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A new addition to the BA forum moderator team

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2012, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by eightblack
Zol is in the Bling Decompression chamber, trying to recover from his traumatic time here. He hasn't been able to utter a single word for days. When his condition has stablised, I will ask him to come back and say adios. Or something else.
avios surely (and don't call me Shirley)
Old Jul 22, 2012, 1:18 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
HIDDY - nice of you to notice.

It has only been several hours but the BAEC forum will surely be missed. You guys kept us busy behind the scenes over the last couple of days but its been a great experience.

Unfortunately the time has come to say farewell but not for good, I will be back especially since I flew BA again last week and it was an experience....
Old Jul 22, 2012, 1:49 am

Welcome, Zol. Hope I don't cause any trouble!
Old Jul 22, 2012, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Zol

It has only been several hours but the BAEC forum will surely be missed. You guys kept us busy behind the scenes over the last couple of days but its been a great experience.

Unfortunately the time has come to say farewell but not for good, I will be back especially since I flew BA again last week and it was an experience....
I wonder which character from this forum was on your flight that made it so memorable?

HIDDY?
Uncle T8?
HenkyBaby?

Etc etc etc?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 3:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Originally Posted by Zol

I wonder which character from this forum was on your flight that made it so memorable?

HIDDY?
Uncle T8?
HenkyBaby?

Etc etc etc?

BA offered jam, cream and butter with the scones, thankfully after time here Zol knew what to do

cs
Old Jul 22, 2012, 3:33 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
BA offered jam, cream and butter with the scones, thankfully after time here Zol knew what to do

cs
That, or Zol met Madame PUCCI and had a bling diamond hairbrush session worthy of a TFTG?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 3:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Zol
Do tell!

P.S. Congratulations on your blingerisation
Old Jul 22, 2012, 3:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by BotB
Originally Posted by cornishsimon

cs
That, or Zol met Madame PUCCI and had a bling diamond hairbrush session worthy of a TFTG?

I bet that sometimes involves Cornish clotted cream

cs
Old Jul 22, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: Executive Club Silver
Welcome Moderator Zol.

Which department for BA do you work for?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by PotNoodle
I'm assuming none. Zol is/was a Mod of the BAEC FT board - not a BA employee.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Actually, Zol was a moderator in training in this forum, now he went to his permanent post the Bling airline forum.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 6:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Welcome Moderator Zol.

The moderators on FT are entirely independent and do not work for any airlines or hotel groups. We volunteer our time for many reasons (all of which escape me at this moment).

Oh, is that the egg timer I hear? Toodlepip!
Old Jul 22, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: Executive Club Silver
I thought moderators (in BAEC) worked for BA? I'm sure one had a thread about contacting them about BA related problems that they can help us with.

So Zol got a job here and then left? It took me a while to work out what bling is, I am assuming it is Emirates?

What on earth possessed him to go over to a forum full of tacky gold, 10 a breast seats and putting thousands of people out of working by nicking other airlines passangers?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 7:10 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
I thought moderators (in BAEC) worked for BA? I'm sure one had a thread about contacting them about BA related problems that they can help us with.

So Zol got a job here and then left? It took me a while to work out what bling is, I am assuming it is Emirates?

What on earth possessed him to go over to a forum full of tacky gold, 10 a breast seats and putting thousands of people out of working by nicking other airlines passangers?
No, they just have good information about where to get help from spending so much time on here! (a thankless task!) ^

Zol was only here to get gently introduced to the task...it was always known that (s)he would go to EK forum (yes, bling = EK)

As to your last question: (only one answer for that)

The same kind of morbid curiosity one sees at a car crash...AKA: Eightblack
Old Jul 22, 2012, 7:11 am

Nope, the FT BAEC Mods do not work for BA. We have a BA representative on this board, Nicci, with the username BA Executive Club.

Yes, Emirates if often referred to as Bling Air.

I am not sure what you mean by putting thousands of people out of work Emirates offer a service (such as any other airline do). If passengers choose to travel with Emirates (due to price, service, aircraft, schedules etc) then so be it. If other airlines are not willing/able to compete then that is their problem!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.