FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   A new addition to the BA forum moderator team (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1358353-new-addition-ba-forum-moderator-team.html)

Prospero Jun 19, 2012 12:37 pm

A new addition to the BA forum moderator team

We would like to introduce a new face to the BA mod team. Zol has now joined us and will be receiving moderator training here for a few weeks before moving on to his permanent assignment. During his training he will be taking actions on the forum so we wanted to let you know what is going on.

Please share your welcome wishes to Zol :)

Cheers,

Prospero
on behalf of the BA forum moderator team

BingBongBoy Jun 19, 2012 12:39 pm

Welcome! :)

Appears the BA board is the lions den before going out to pasture in somewhere a little more on the quiet side... ;)

stu1985 Jun 19, 2012 12:47 pm

Poor Zol! ;)

cornishsimon Jun 19, 2012 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by stu1985 (Post 18783803)
Poor Zol! ;)

:D

The main question is does Zol know the correct order for jam and cream on a scone ?

cs

travelfan199 Jun 19, 2012 12:55 pm

Jam first, cream on top?

That's the way my dad always taught me, but i keep getting funny looks doing it that way!

Also, welcome Zol :)

cornishsimon Jun 19, 2012 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by travelfan199 (Post 18783839)
Jam first, cream on top?

That's the way my dad always taught me, but i keep getting funny looks doing it that way!

Funny looks from who :confused:

cs

PanGalactic Jun 19, 2012 12:59 pm

Welcome Zol,

I look forward to being told off by you :)

Will this mean we're not allowed to slag off EK on here any more? :D

pianoamit Jun 19, 2012 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by travelfan199 (Post 18783839)
Jam first, cream on top?

Welcome Zol!

Jam first, cream on top is the 'proper' way to do it. Although I will NEVER understand why, and can't bring myself to do it that way. Cream is like butter, and scones are like toast... Jam, on butter, on toast: like everywhere else in the world. I can already see how the 'bloody foreigner' (ME) is causing a stir among the British...

Let the flaming commence! :o

travelfan199 Jun 19, 2012 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by cornishsimon (Post 18783865)
Funny looks from who :confused:

cs

People I'm dining with- they say 'would I put the butter on too of the ham on a sandwich?'

eightblack Jun 19, 2012 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by PanGalactic (Post 18783868)

Will this mean we're not allowed to slag off EK on here any more? :D

Silly English person. No :)

Yahillwe Jun 19, 2012 2:07 pm

Hello and welcome ZOL.

This really has nothing to do with you... but are you the sacrificial lamb???

Can you please introduce yourself and give us your credentials..

Coming from a diplomatic background... and very recent diplomatic background, we need to see and verify your credentials before giving you the honor....then once approved, you have to hand us your papers and kneel before us.

747_not_777 Jun 19, 2012 2:08 pm

Congrats to Zol. The artist formerly known as khalid26 (for those of you, like me, who'd never heard of Zol)...

Athlete95 Jun 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Damn, part of me was hoping for HIDDY... :D

Welcome Zol! :)

GRALISTAIR Jun 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by cornishsimon (Post 18783821)
:D

The main question is does Zol know the correct order for jam and cream on a scone ?

cs

Err - it is butter then jam then cream on top washed down with Hot tea (PG Tips and milk).

Yahillwe Jun 19, 2012 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by 747_not_777 (Post 18784284)
Congrats to Zol. The artist formerly known as khalid26 (for those of you, like me, who'd never heard of Zol)...

Hold on for a second... Khalid is a gulfy name... and how could a gulfy be a mod?