FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Crying baby in club world?? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1350717-crying-baby-club-world.html)

DrBernardo May 30, 2012 1:13 am

Originally Posted by Tyrolean (Post 18664389)
I hope that you have the written premission of everybody in that photo. Otherwise, depending on your nationality you may receive either nasty post from lawyers or the police.

Hey: You are complaining about a crying baby but you are not respecing basic privacy! Nothing more to add!

If I would be on that picture with my kids, you would REALLY be into trouble. In the end I would get much more compensation from you than you would have payed for the flight.

THIS IS NOT FUN!

:eek:

...and breathe!

I've always rather assumed that an aircraft cabin classes pretty much as a public place, and that therefore appearing in a photo like this was an occupational hazard. Maybe a personal close-up would be a bit different, but a general "cabin shot" like this seems OK. I might not like it much, and if I were on a witness protection programme I might ask for it to be deleted, but I wouldn't expect to be able to make a song and dance about it. Maybe I'm wrong.

In passing, I'd observe that Henky was on miles redemption, so compensation of more than he paid wouldn't necessarily be saying very much ;) And of couse, if you were on that photo with your kids, he might counter-claim for an infringement of his right to quiet enjoyment of property ;) (Joke!)

Captain Schmidt May 30, 2012 1:21 am

Originally Posted by DrBernardo (Post 18664645)
:eek:

...and breathe!

I've always rather assumed that an aircraft cabin classes pretty much as a public place, and that therefore appearing in a photo like this was an occupational hazard. Maybe a personal close-up would be a bit different, but a general "cabin shot" like this seems OK. I might not like it much, and if I were on a witness protection programme I might ask for it to be deleted, but I wouldn't expect to be able to make a song and dance about it. Maybe I'm wrong.

In passing, I'd observe that Henky was on miles redemption, so compensation of more than he paid wouldn't necessarily be saying very much ;) And of couse, if you were on that photo with your kids, he might counter-claim for an infringement of his right to quiet enjoyment of property ;) (Joke!)

Indeed. Some airlines allegedly prohibit photos taken on board, but try googling to find that prohibition and it is practically impossible other than a bunch of blogs, meaning it is either myth, or buried so deep within their rules that it would be pretty much impossible to enforce legally.

Obviously they do things differently in Germany where the police have solved all outstanding murder and violent crime and can get down to the serious business of prosecuting Dutch people for gratuitous shots of the interior of a KLM aircraft.

marbles dad May 30, 2012 1:32 am

Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt (Post 18664665)
Indeed. Some airlines allegedly prohibit photos taken on board, but try googling to find that prohibition and it is practically impossible other than a bunch of blogs, meaning it is either myth, or buried so deep within their rules that it would be pretty much impossible to enforce legally.

Obviously they do things differently in Germany where the police have solved all outstanding murder and violent crime and can get down to the serious business of prosecuting Dutch people for gratuitous shots of the interior of a KLM aircraft.

i tried taking a few pics of the b 777-300 j cabin BA last month , and the flight purser waved at me and informed me of the no pictures policy. i couldn't find it the regulation on the BA website anywhere. considering that there are security cameras everywhere in the U.K.. ........ one would not have an expectation of privacy on a public conveyance . got the pics before he noticed. i;m in fact trying to post them with a trip report in J.

marbles dad May 30, 2012 1:37 am

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss (Post 18663005)
I smile yet again at how this forum gets sidetracked and ignores several messages form other posters about the difference between bad behaviour and a baby crying. A baby cries for a reason, not necessarily out of being naughty, yet when someone talks about crying babies they assume they mean unruly, naughty children. HUge difference between the two

there are medications for the safe sedation of the little ones if needed. hydroxyzine suspension is what my parents used and i'm hopefully none the worse for it. i did however fall asleep during THE AVENGERS.. could there be a connection?

Moz May 30, 2012 2:00 am

It is my simple belief that if you want and expect privacy and a good nights sleep on a plane then fly private.

ClubClassCowboy May 30, 2012 2:37 am

Originally Posted by Tyrolean (Post 18664389)
I hope that you have the written premission of everybody in that photo.

I hope you had permission too - you re-posted it.

ian001 May 30, 2012 2:41 am

Irrespective of the legal issues, I do think it is a little impertinent to specifically take cabin shots of other passengers on an aircraft (not that I've ever seen it happen in practice so the issue is largely academic). I wouldn’t expect it in a restaurant, where, like on an aircraft, I am paying to be there.

dannyrado May 30, 2012 2:45 am

God, is this thread still going?? :rolleyes:

mumblemumble May 30, 2012 2:48 am

Originally Posted by marbles dad (Post 18664698)
there are medications for the safe sedation of the little ones if needed.

If drugging otherwise healthy children is the answer, we are asking the wrong question.

ClubClassCowboy May 30, 2012 3:01 am

Originally Posted by mumblemumble (Post 18664887)
If drugging otherwise healthy children is the answer, we are asking the wrong question.

Drug the adults.

itsmeitisss May 30, 2012 3:05 am

Originally Posted by MNManInKen (Post 18663366)
Read again. My post was about the parents taking responsibility and doing so with consideration for others, not just their own selfish interest. That includes considering whether or not it is really wise to get on a plane with a very young baby. :rolleyes:

The bottom line remains the same: I don't see why other people need to offload their life style choices onto me.

If you don't want other people to 'offload their lifestyle choices' onto you, then you obviously think that the world revolves around you and that you should stop using public transport. While you use public transport (and no matter what class you travel in on BA, that is what it remains) you will always be affected by the people around you.

I don't have children, I have excitable nephews who travelled to SFO and back in club. I put them in the middle section of downstairs (group of 7) and they were kept occupied by AVOD, although two of them did come to see my wife and I in F, but they were respectful and quiet. They can often be the opposite but respected everyone else on the plane as they knew they were privileged to be able to travel 'in style'.

I don't count babies crying as misbehaving. For them it is usually involuntary. A toddler crying because he/she can't get what he/she wants is different. Running around the plane and being inconsiderate is a different matter and parents failing to deal with this is a different kettle of fish entirely. That is misbehaving.

Parents have every right to bring their children of any age on to a flight. 99% of them will work very hard to keep their disturbance of everyone round them to a minimum. Sometimes, however, this won't be successful. I don't believe that parents with babies should be excluded from travelling in premium classes. If anything, the extra space helps pacify the children. I know in the case of my nephews it did.

uszkanni May 30, 2012 3:08 am

Originally Posted by mumblemumble (Post 18664887)

Originally Posted by jmpawson (Post 18664912)
Drug the adults.

Put me down for one of each.:p

itsmeitisss May 30, 2012 3:19 am

Originally Posted by marbles dad (Post 18664698)
there are medications for the safe sedation of the little ones if needed. hydroxyzine suspension is what my parents used and i'm hopefully none the worse for it. i did however fall asleep during THE AVENGERS.. could there be a connection?

I'm not a medical practitioner so can't comment on the safety of this. What you're suggesting may not be legal in all states, and in any case won't help condition children for flying.

itsmeitisss May 30, 2012 3:21 am

Originally Posted by dannyrado (Post 18664876)
God, is this thread still going?? :rolleyes:

There are 2 kinds of threads that will run and run:

1/ baby/children in plane/lounge

2/ using mobiles on the plane

HighLife May 30, 2012 3:25 am

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss (Post 18664923)
If you don't want other people to 'offload their lifestyle choices' onto you, then you obviously think that the world revolves around you and that you should stop using public transport.

^^^

Some astonishingly selfish nonsense posted on this thread. The solution really is as simple as itsmeitisss says above.

Sorry, even F class is still public transport, and you'd be a fool to forget that.