Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How Many Miles In Your BAEC Account, And Who Has The Most?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Many Miles In Your BAEC Account, And Who Has The Most?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2012, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
31,200... A bit shameful... However, I do have some lovely Cathay First and Business, and BA Club World flights to look forward too, thanks to the previous, now historic balance.

They will slowly build back up again... ^
Old May 23, 2012, 1:59 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Definitely not me...at the last DO There were several people with over 1M Avios...and one person that knew someone with 10M Avios...

I personally never let my balance get over 250k because I am afraid the program may change significantly at some point making them worthless overnight...besides I want to see the world so can't collect them fast enough to use them when I am able
Old May 23, 2012, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA & BD Gold Once Upon a Time
Originally Posted by BotB
Definitely not me...at the last DO There were several people with over 1M Avios...and one person that knew someone with 10M Avios...

I personally never let my balance get over 250k because I am afraid the program may change significantly at some point making them worthless overnight...besides I want to see the world so can't collect them fast enough to use them when I am able
I know what you mean. I took out a credit card with miles-and-less to earn the extra couple of thousand miles to get myself and my wife a J class return from LHR-CPT on SAA. As soon as I got them LH devalued the whole program leaving me 30k short.
Old May 23, 2012, 2:10 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by Oil-man
I know what you mean. I took out a credit card with miles-and-less to earn the extra couple of thousand miles to get myself and my wife a J class return from LHR-CPT on SAA. As soon as I got them LH devalued the whole program leaving me 30k short.
Sorry to hear that...although if you can get a status match with LH or another program to M & M SEN status I think you can go in debt to book a flight...or was the shortfall even with this extra they allow? (or maybe you weren't able to take advantage of the offer at the time...it was last Spring/Summer).

Anyway, can't take them with you...so might as well use them or give them to someone that can for a good cause, etc...^
Old May 23, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: my wings are gold
Old May 23, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: MUCCI :D, BA Lifetime Gold, JJC (1980 the Leo Budd years) Hilton Gold
734000 with 10k due to post from BA Amex PP this month, 17k from upcoming TATL CW, 2500 from SH to Paris, and actually, I have been spending them on cheap ET and CE returns to Paris since I have earned enough for GGL until December 2013 and CCR too.

I effectively have double that balance with 2 Amex 2-4-1s but the question wasn't "how do you value your avios"

In addition I'm not too happy they call them avios now and preferred BA Miles - avios sounds like adios in a not very friendly way.....
Old May 23, 2012, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA & BD Gold Once Upon a Time
Originally Posted by stueys
Thinking along the same lines. I will be getting near 2m when my DC miles transfer in :-(

That's not feeling too clever, young kids have hampered my spending over the last couple of years.
It's still a good outcome that they transferred to Avios at a conversion more favourable than most people expected. Only a couple of months ago everyone was worrying that DC miles would end up in the round file.
Old May 23, 2012, 2:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
About 1.5 million with another 600K to come from BMI - next week should earn another 100K
Old May 23, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI
Chuck Norris has so many Avios he could book every Award Seat on BA for a year ... twice ... and would still have enough Avios for a Domestic redemption on AA to HNL
Old May 23, 2012, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Oil-man
You are allowing your DC Miles to be devalued to Avios! What sort of FTer are you?

I've just burned 300k DC miles so they did not become Avios furlongs.
Yes I know the sensible thing would be to book a DC redemption or two before the end of the month but I really can't be bothered knowing that I would have to cancel or date change them at a later date. Awful attitude to have but I really don't take this miles thing all that seriously......although I do like playing with the redemption tools.
Old May 23, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
I'll play - 148,197 Avios, but I did just redeem 118,000 on a Chase 2-4-1 ^
Old May 23, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Some 650k including the bmi miles winging my way this year.

The more interesting question to me is how many I have accumulated over the (roughly) 18 years I have been collecting. I reckon it is some 3.2m and the 650k is what is left.

Wisley invested over the years in trips for me and SWMBO (and the children) in Club, First and of course Concorde.
Old May 23, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA, VS, LH, HHonors
Originally Posted by T8191
Enough for at least 3 x TATL UuAs to CW next year, by when this year's earn and burn and miscellaneous Amex spending will increase that by at least one more. Anyway, we're already booked through the rest of this year, so it's just earning for the next 7 months.

In fact, overall we earn more than we spend ... note to self, take more long-haul holidays
Sounds as if being able to do double upgrades with avios would suit you!

What you say about CW is true, but it's worth trying F just once. Even for CCR.
Old May 23, 2012, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by crystal_cad
Sounds as if being able to do double upgrades with avios would suit you!

What you say about CW is true, but it's worth trying F just once. Even for CCR.
Yes, but but but ... Each time we go to the USA for 3-4 weeks, the cost in £££ is not the flights. It's accommodation, F&B, car rental, retail. Around 75% is non-BA spend, albeit on the Amex. I can't rationalise why we should each spend £2.5k+ instead of c. £700-900 on flights as part of what is currently a £5-7k trip (retail costs included). Believe me, we have the ££££, but just don't see the point in spending an extra £4k on full fare CW seats to be able to upgrade to F. That's just silly "pound shredding" ... I can think of much more sensible things to do with with £4k.
Old May 23, 2012, 5:58 pm

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
About 400k did have more but just redeemed 300k on a 2-4-1 to SYD some internal flights on qantas, a trip to nice for 6 of us to nice in CE and a return to AMS for a friends stag do later in the year.

I think rewards to europe are great value when you've got miles.

We have to travel in the holidays and the cheapest we could get to nice even on the so called budget carriers was about £200+ return pp.

For 6 of us it cost about £200 plus the avios, saved us £1000 on the villa!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.