Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone here have the CCR card?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2012, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 747_not_777
You want to scrap your GGL status, and others?

Or were you hoping to scrape?
Bloody iPhone.
Old May 22, 2012, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
I have had a CCR for three years and used it once. But... I read the post on Special Services. They often offer to call them for me but I decline. Should I let them call. Can someone tell me more about what they do/assist?
Old May 22, 2012, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
It must be very difficult to get ... longhaul/transcon/TATL roundtrip every week or has 100+ flights with short segments, it's almost impossible to get!
18 CW returns will do it, which is only three every two months.
Old May 22, 2012, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
I have had a CCR for three years and used it once.
How did you only come to use it once? I can see you are WashingtonDC-based, but do you not fly into LHR (and therefore depart from there again)?
Old May 22, 2012, 4:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by bullroot
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Try living in a uk region that BA won't fly too

cs
endless posts about the topic must make it feel better though surely. just sayin'

But surely I'm as entitled to post here as anyone else ?

cs
Old May 22, 2012, 6:23 am

Of course! I'm just a little confused as to your point - if you lived in a region where BA had connecting flights, how many TP do you think you would collect a year?
Old May 22, 2012, 6:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Washington DC
Of course! I'm just a little confused as to your point - if you lived in a region where BA had connecting flights, how many TP do you think you would collect a year?

Certainly more than I would currently by having to drive or train to LHR.

cs
Old May 22, 2012, 7:56 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
To answer one question, there seem to be about 600-700 issued globally.
The 5,000 TP criteria means this will rise and fall with demand to fly (BA). Thus, at the CCR card level you'd likely be GGL, high CIV (97+) by that point anyway.

At JFK the CCR access is a real bonus (excellent lounge, staff, etc.) At LHR (see other threads), frankly the CCR is hit or miss. F lounge more or less the same.
Old May 22, 2012, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
You could drive or train to NCL instead
Old May 22, 2012, 8:00 am

Ah, of course - and if this would be enough to tip you over the 5k mark I can see exactly why'd you post here about it ^
Old May 22, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Why only use once. Fly F. Only use is when I fly out of LHR on Club ticket to a regional destination. Used to fly JFK-HKG but of no use - CCR at JFK not open for that flight or to non-BA flight.
Old May 22, 2012, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Washington DC
Ah, of course - and if this would be enough to tip you over the 5k mark I can see exactly why'd you post here about it ^

Fair enough, I'm very sorry for my post, please forgive me

Perhaps in future I should ask your permission before posting ? Or perhaps you could point me towards a forum or thread that in your opinion it would be alright for me have an opinion ?

cs
Old May 22, 2012, 11:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by NYLON Boy
Back in the day (2003) when BA first created the CCR card, you didn't have to fly at all! (BA handed out CCR cards to its 101 most loyal Concorde pax after Concorde was retired in Oct 2003.) The card renewed every year subject to mysterious criteria (I witnessed a couple of demoted pax trying to get into the CCR with expired cards). It's fairly recent that the card is a benefit you can earn rather than a privilege BA bestowed on a select group of high-revenue pax with a Concorde history.

NYLON Boy
If I remember correctly, it actually looked pretty insignificant too at that point? It's been years since I saw someone's from that era, but my memory is a pretty tatty looking card, given what it represented.

I first found out about it when doing an AGP run, and someone not a member of our group had it, doing the same run. We bowed before him
Old May 22, 2012, 12:13 pm

Fair enough, I'm very sorry for my post, please forgive me
Are you confusing me with Bullroot
Old May 22, 2012, 12:31 pm

I fly 6 round trips IAD - MAD/ZRH/AMS a year in Club with each trip being about 13k points and 300 Tier points, i am able to maintain Gold comfortably but have never hit CCR status or 241.

Since I use points to upgrade to First I still get the access and I figure since I spend 40k for the upgrade and get 14k back for miles flown with another 5k from Amex from Membership Rewards for the ticket purchase, the net usage of 20k is worth it for First.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.