Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone here have the CCR card?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2012, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Does anyone here have the CCR card?

It must be very difficult to get, considering it requires 250K+ EQM (BIS) in Y.
If someone doesn't fly longhaul/transcon/TATL roundtrip every week or has 100+ flights with short segments, it's almost impossible to get!
Old May 21, 2012, 2:01 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I haven't got it myself, but it's not that difficult if you're travelling on business regularly in J or F. People on here will do a long haul trip every week (mad fools!).
Old May 21, 2012, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I haven't got it myself, but it's not that difficult if you're travelling on business regularly in J or F. People on here will do a long haul trip every week (mad fools!).
The only way I get into J is by using MFU or every once in a while, a client buys paid J.
If flying paid F all the time, though, doesn't it make the card worthless?
Old May 21, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold
My colleague got it for the first time ever, a couple of months ago. And his membership year didn't start until September - he's just done a lot of flying this year, with a lot of runs to the US, and then AA connections onwards from JFK to other east coast cities.

The card itself is white in colour, and not a particularly attractive looking (so far as cards go). But is a cool thing to have, that's for sure!

Makes domestic runs up to GLA or EDI that much more enjoyable, when you and a companion can go and enjoy a proper breakfast in the lounge - and without all the hassle of being forced to walk halfway around T5 and back just to get through the lounge door.
Old May 21, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: MUCCI :D, BA Lifetime Gold, JJC (1980 the Leo Budd years) Hilton Gold
Not that much flying - I am only just past 6 months into my year and have >5k tps.

I would lie if I said I actually have the CCR Card since it is yet to arrive (or perhaps even be made), but I am entitled to use its benefits, which include much higher priority for most things, far better treatment, the right to bring a guest (or maybe two) into the CCRs, and in JFK the best service in the world.

In terms of flying every week, I just haven't necessarily done that (although it feels like it), however as an example, if an individual does 12 returns from LCY-JFK in CWLCY, they would earn 5040 TP per year.

I recently took BA2 from JFK-LCY and at that point I already had >5k TPs, but for a nearly full cabin, I think that more than half were GGL, given the number of people for the arrivals service with the CIV of GGL against their names.

Only 8 returns per year for two consecutive years would be enough for just GGL.
Old May 21, 2012, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 747_not_777
My colleague got it for the first time ever, a couple of months ago. And his membership year didn't start until September - he's just done a lot of flying this year, with a lot of runs to the US, and then AA connections onwards from JFK to other east coast cities.

The card itself is white in colour, and not a particularly attractive looking (so far as cards go). But is a cool thing to have, that's for sure!

Makes domestic runs up to GLA or EDI that much more enjoyable, when you and a companion can go and enjoy a proper breakfast in the lounge - and without all the hassle of being forced to walk halfway around T5 and back just to get through the lounge door.
Thanks for the description!
Were all of the TATL flights on BA or AA, or a mix of both?
Old May 21, 2012, 2:23 pm
eae
In memoriam

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GfL
Originally Posted by 747_not_777
The old design with the gray stripes was more striking. Having said that though the new one doesn't look half bad.
Old May 21, 2012, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Thanks for the description!
Were all of the TATL flights on BA or AA, or a mix of both?
90 per cent of the TATL were on BA, with only the odd few on AA. But obviously some useful TPs accrued too from AA domestics in F.
Old May 21, 2012, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Deleted

Last edited by AA_EXP09; May 21, 2012 at 2:32 pm Reason: TP on AA shorthaul is insignificant in Y
Old May 21, 2012, 2:30 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

EDIT: Post deleted due to inaccurate information.

Contrary to what I had earlier posted, Concorde Room Cardholders do indeed get a guest into the lounge.

Last edited by FlyerTalker6245; May 21, 2012 at 3:16 pm Reason: Misinformation
Old May 21, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: MUCCI :D, BA Lifetime Gold, JJC (1980 the Leo Budd years) Hilton Gold
Some changes were made recently.

No longer T4 was made a long time ago.

All GGL are allowed two guests flying BA flight into any lounge with the possible exception of CCR.

If one holds a CCR (or has the right to one), then their name normally appears on the list of eligible lounge guests for that day, and they are entitled officially (though there are some differences of opinion on this) to take a guest flying BA into the CCR. I've already used the CCR at T5 when flying CE, and also guested someone flying UK Bus.
Old May 21, 2012, 2:41 pm

Yes, extra guest for GGL is a recent perk, just to confirm what boadh398 wrote above.
Old May 21, 2012, 3:10 pm

Yup, and CCR card now allows a guest - seen it work fine both at T5 and JFK.
Old May 21, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold GL
I have one - got it in January.

I don't do a lot of shorthaul - mainly long haul to the US in J or F and then internal flights on AA in J or F. It does mean I fly every couple of weeks and it is for work.

I must have the old design - grey and white stripes.

Yes - it's nice to have but of course only recognised at LHR/JFK and I use the GGL card for everywhere else.

I think it would be tricky to get on SH only and in Y
Old May 21, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SPG Plat; HH Diamond
I too have the old style with grey stripes.

CCR card allows one guest in the CCR but two guests in the First lounge. However when flying F, i have been allowed to guest two in the CCR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.