Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA to resume flights to ICN

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 9:06 am
Suspended

On one of the other forums I found talking about this they said that Lufthansa would be a big loser form this as many London based business travellers connect through Frankfurt to fly to Seoul.

I cannot understand why they would do this? if they were Star fans then why not take the direct Asiana?
Old May 3, 2012, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by flyingcrazy
They were talking about London based flyers who would have the choice between Korean, BA or Asiana. I doubt London based flyers would have many Skyteam miles
really?

For starters, I'd imagine that most UK-based travellers would far prefer BA over KE simply for the reason that KE is not in Oneworld, which means that flying KE involves orphan miles in some of the most dreadful FFP programs in existence such as Flying Blue.
My bolding. If they were talking about London, then I would imagine they'd have said London, rather than the UK.
Old May 3, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Jenbel
really?

My bolding. If they were talking about London, then I would imagine they'd have said London, rather than the UK.
You are forgetting the Londoner mentally, London IS the UK
Blame 'British' Airways
Old May 3, 2012, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by britbronco22
Blame 'British' Airways
Given that London is the only place in the UK that actually generates more wealth than it spends, to all and intents it IS the UK. However that is a debate for another thread on another forum.
Old May 3, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
Originally Posted by steve_w
I really enjoy the food - just get a bit tired of kimchi with every meal, including breakfast. Really like Korea, though. Seoul is great, and Suwon is fun, too - especially the Toilet museum
Don't forget http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_La...South_Korea%29
Old May 3, 2012, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by britbronco22
Blame 'British' Airways
Ah yes, stupid me

Swanhunter
Old May 3, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Nooo! It is fabulous - in fact Korean food is one of Asia's undiscovered culinary gems.
There's also other types of meat which we wouldn't eat in the UK
Old May 3, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Good news. ICN can use a greater OW presence. Will BA have its own lounge or use CX or JL's lounge?
Old May 3, 2012, 11:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jenbel
really?

Well somebody pointed out 'why fly BA when you can fly Korean'. So I presumed they meant London based travellers (the vast majority of British based frequent flyers are in London). They did not mention KLM or AF which you did.

I am ABZ based so I am not one of these Londonites who think the world revolves just around London but I could see that the comparisons were mainly for London based travellers who can fly to Seoul direct and choose which airline to fly to Seoul direct on.

The fact that BA will fly to Seoul is good but for me doesnt really make much difference. I will still have to fly to LHR first to catch the plane. So I can therefore compare BA/LHR to LH/ FRA, AF/CDG and KL/AMS for the route as well
Old May 3, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
As I might as well ask the question before someone else does: Mixed Fleet route or WW crew?
..well there will be a lot of spare bmibaby crew by September
Old May 3, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by johnny5a
Woof
Old May 3, 2012, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johnny5a
More common in Vietnam. Tastes like gamey beef if you were wondering.
Old May 3, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
We used to fly a lot to Seoul in the late 90's and early 2000's. We always went vis Paris or Frankfurt to avoid KE as at the time they had an absolutely shocking safety record and it was company policy to fly anything else (BA had pulled the route at that time).

At the moment I think EK is pretty much cleaning up on cost grounds but the direct BA flight will be a nice change and the EK stopover in DXB has horrible timings.

Fond memories of the Westin Chosun.
Old May 3, 2012, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Excellent news ^

Let's hope they have some good introductory offers in F and CW. Could do with using ICN as a staging point for the Far East, and also visiting South Korea itself!
Old May 3, 2012, 6:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Just curious obviously, but where is the 772 coming from to operate this route ?

cs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.