Wiki Posts
Search

JFK Concorde Room

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
JFK Concorde Room

Flying out of JFK next week and wondering how the JFK Concorde Room compares to the one at LHR. Is it worth heading out to JFK a bit earlier to have a bite to eat there? Or is it just another lounge?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Depends on your definition of 'just another lounge'.

It is an airport lounge, but it is probably BA's best lounge outside of LHR. No, it is not as good as LH's FCT or some of the fancy lounges in the Middle East/Far East. It is nicer than any other lounge in North America.

Definitely worth dining before you fly. Service is very good and the food is good too. Reasonable selection of wines. Access to the Elemis Spa is at the main lounge complex but you can book a session by phone from the CCR.

Not so good - limited views of the airfileld and slow WiFi.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold
My colleague used it the other day for the first time and spoke very highly of it...
Old Apr 5, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL
I use it most months and know the staff in there well. Unlike other BA lounges the staff don't change and the front desk team are Special Services and are therefore very helpful. The food is restaurant style and is generally very good. The lounge is rarely busy and is therefore something of a haven.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Great. Thank you all!
Old Apr 6, 2012, 1:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
It's another lounge, but a good one. Good selection of food and drink, normally relatively quiet. You'll get good food but not good restaurant food.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
For those wanting to see what the JFK CCR looks like after its extensive refurbishment last year; http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...orde-room.html
Old May 15, 2012, 12:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, Vistara Platinum
What are the operating hours for the JFK CCR?

I ask because I might be flying BA178 that departs at 8 AM soon. I want to know when it will be open in the morning
Old May 15, 2012, 1:40 am

Programs: MUCCI :D, BA Lifetime Gold, JJC (1980 the Leo Budd years) Hilton Gold
As for the opening hours the lounge is usually open from 16:30 until about 22:00 depending on the last departure to London.

I have read elsewhere that it might be open for F pax in the early morning, but I doubt this very much, and also back in 2001 (ok a long time ago), when there was a 12:00pm Concorde departure, the upstairs F lounge was open for early arriving Concorde pax, who could then go down some staircase/walkway linking the upstairs lounge complex with the corridor to the Concorde room.

One of SS people, came upstairs and took us down to CCR when it opened (around 10am I think).

However since there is no longer this flight, I doubt very much if it is open so early as 5/6 am which would be reasonable for the early departure of BA178.
Old May 15, 2012, 1:42 am

Programs: MUCCI :D, BA Lifetime Gold, JJC (1980 the Leo Budd years) Hilton Gold
I forgot to add, I heard a fellow pax state "This is the best BA lounge anywhere, and the staff are wonderful, the food is excellent, and it far beats London"

I second that word for word.

JFK CCR is the best BA lounge in the world.
Old May 15, 2012, 2:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by bowzer91
What are the operating hours for the JFK CCR?

I ask because I might be flying BA178 that departs at 8 AM soon. I want to know when it will be open in the morning
No CCR at JFK for F pax on the morning flight to LHR. It is the normal lounges on the other side of the terminal building
Old May 15, 2012, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I was there for the first time last week, and was very impressed. Very attentive and friendly staff who couldn't do enough for you. Compared very favourably with the CCR at T5 (although that's probably helped by the fact that it is much quieter). The champagne and wine selection isn't as good, but still decent. We didn't have a full meal there, just a starter and some bread, but this was very good.

Aesthetically I don't think it's as sumptuous as the one at T5, the dining "booths" are much less private, and the airport views are nothing like as good, but I would definitely recommend allowing yourself some time to go there, relax, and be well looked after.

Last edited by gazzam; May 15, 2012 at 8:48 am Reason: Typos
Old May 15, 2012, 5:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by boadh398
JFK CCR is the best BA lounge in the world.
Absolutely. And the staff there knows it.
Old May 15, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by KenJohn
No CCR at JFK for F pax on the morning flight to LHR. It is the normal lounges on the other side of the terminal building
I had a similar question as flying on the 178 in a few weeks - I was told by You First that the CCR at JFK has now opens at 5.30am, closing 8am (or when the 178 departs). This was information confirmed by a call to the lounge staff at JFK.
Old May 15, 2012, 11:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I've used the JFK CCR in the morning - it opens at the same time the premium security lane opens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.