Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Cityflyer to add additional Embraer 190 to LCY

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2012, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

As reported on aviationnews.eu.

Personally think this is great news as I find LCY a great airport to fly from/to and the E190 a very comfortable aircraft. Wonder what the additional destinations might be?

Embraer and British Airways today signed a contract for the sale of one more EMBRAER 190 (E190) jet. The aircraft will be operated by London City Airport (LCY)-based BA CityFlyer, British Airways’ wholly owned regional subsidiary. When delivered during the third quarter of 2012, it will bolster the airline’s total fleet size to 14 E-Jets.
“BA CityFlyer’s follow-on order is a clear endorsement of the airline’s confidence in the E-Jets’ adaptability to its expanding London City Airport network,” said Paulo Cesar Silva, Embraer President, Commercial Aviation. “BA CityFlyer can fully capitalize on the versatility and comfort that the E190 and E170 offer.”
This additional aircraft, configured with 98 seats in a spacious 33 inches (84 cm) pitch single-class layout, will enable BA CityFlyer to expand its route network from the demanding London City Airport, where it is now the largest operator with the highest number of routes and customers.
“We are very excited about the arrival of our 14th E-Jet which will add frequency to existing business destinations and will enable us to open up new flying possibilities to popular leisure destinations,” said Peter Simpson, BA CityFlyer Managing Director. “The EMBRAER 190 is a terrifically fuel-efficient aircraft. It meets our environmental objectives and also delivers more space so we can offer a generous 23kg luggage allowance to each customer.”
Old Mar 30, 2012, 5:34 am

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
LCY-VCE was announced earlier this week.

I also understand there may be additional rotations to FRA and GLA.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 5:35 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Personally, I'd rather they re-designed the interior so that anyone who chooses to sit in the front row actually has some room to store their bags. The overhead bins at the front are always full of medical equipment, High Lifes and crew bags.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Must of been looking at the crystal ball again:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-2012-a.html

This is very good news

cs
Old Mar 30, 2012, 5:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
have to say its probably one of the most comfortable econ seats i've sat in.

Came back from Ibiza to LCY on one, and boy i slept well
Old Mar 30, 2012, 6:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by ian001
LCY-VCE was announced earlier this week.

I also understand there may be additional rotations to FRA and GLA.

Would be nice go get LCY-NQY on the E170, that would be a fairly quick turn around ?

cs
Old Mar 30, 2012, 6:17 am

Programs: Meow Mix
If only they would make the economy seats (including leg room) from these 170's and 190's and adopt them fleet wide

I flew them once to BCN in Y and did not complain.

/AE
Old Mar 30, 2012, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by angeloedades
If only they would make the economy seats (including leg room) from these 170's and 190's and adopt them fleet wide

/AE
No no no! The legroom in the 170 is only 31in - much tighter. Also whilst the seats are comfortable enough they are not as high at the back as the Economy seats on the Airbus - so head support is not as good IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.