Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Warm Glow "Happy" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
The Warm Glow "Happy" Thread

It is nearly Spring. Let there be happiness, smiles, fluffy bunnies and the song of small birds. Possibly even sunshine?

Life is not all doom and gloom. For the majority of people, something nice tends to happen on a regular basis. Not necessarily a BIG nice, but just one of those little things that puts a smile on your face, or resolves an irritating little issue that's been going on for some time.

So as an antidote to the "Rant" Thread, and with the kind permission of our Moderators, I hereby invite you to share those moments … those little shafts of sunlight in the general gloom of everyday living. Tell us about those tales of "little happiness".

Let me start with ...

"I have found a reliable and competent Plumber"
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Great thread.

I'm off to see the Masters at Augusta
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, Skywards, Hilton Honors and lots of other under-utilised Hotel Schemes
My troublesome eldest daughter has got through a day at school without detention and I am another day closer to my final salary pension day!

Best to start with modest ambitions - "fings can only get better!"
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Somebody finally fixed out hot water tank. I'm going to New York on Monday. Somebody started this thread which i've been pondering for months
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by exilencfc
Somebody finally fixed out hot water tank. I'm going to New York on Monday. Somebody started this thread which i've been pondering for months
There are few things worse than questionable plumbing

We are both happy people

Somebody
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Yes it's come to something when you're debating whether you prefered no hot water to wash in or no central heating. Operational plumbing is truly a joy
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by johnashw
I am another day closer to my final salary pension day!
That's getting further away for me!

But back to the purpose of this fine thread, we're apparently in good health, we have a warm house with hot water, central heating and comfy bed, we have good friends coming to dinner both the next two weekends, and then we have a fun trip to the US to look forward to, amongst others!

Last edited by Fruitcake; Mar 9, 2012 at 11:31 am
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
It's a Friday! Spring is coming, sunshine is coming (hopefully), got a very busy weekend with two early starts but that's what I love- getting out and making the most of the day!
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: F
My bonus Avios arrived today.

It is going to be a sunny 17C in Vienna next weekend.

My daughter, despite apparently answering some questions backwards, has scored 100% in all her mid-year A-level modules.

I have just finalised a November trip involving BA F, a MO, an Aman and a FS (as well as a couple of ICs).

I have a Hendricks and Tonic in front of me.

Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
The Greeks have received Euro bailout #352, which means that they will hopefully have completely ceased and desisted their incendiary antics by the time those lovely BA peeps take us to Athens in 3 weeks
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Athlete95
It's a Friday! Spring is coming, sunshine is coming (hopefully), got a very busy weekend with two early starts but that's what I love- getting out and making the most of the day!
You lie beautifully, being a teenager that likes to stay in bed until lunch-time.

Now THAT'S a "Happy"
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Despite it still being in the high 20's the first signs that autumn is coming are beginning to show. The days are getting shorter, the leaves are starting to fall and the tomato plants have decided that it's not worth the effort to turn their fruits red.

The endless days of hot sun have finally ceased and with it the baking temperatures which had forced me to take shade under the grape vine every afternoon for the last three months.

I shall continue to salute the arrival of autumn and say good riddance to the summer....it was a hot one.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
You lie beautifully, being a teenager that likes to stay in bed until lunch-time.

Now THAT'S a "Happy"
I'm getting up to do things I like though... work and gym are no problem, college on the other hand... :O

I do love a lie-in- saving that for next weekend! I have had a good week, I'm in a great mood!
Old Mar 9, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: Mucci (Chevalier de Sagesse), Betty Ford Alumnus, BA Gold, ScaryTeam Elite+
Great thread idea.

Today I achieved my target by 7am (waking up) found out due to a policy change PPP will fund something expensive they weren't going to, then car dealer agreed to accept shiny new 12.5 Avios per £ card so unexpected spare cash and 250k extra miles beckon.

Ever get the feeling your Karma just ran over their Dogma?

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Despite it still being in the high 20's the first signs that autumn is coming are beginning to show. The days are getting shorter, the leaves are starting to fall and the tomato plants have decided that it's not worth the effort to turn their fruits red.
Green tomato chutney ... there you are, have a "Happy"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.