Wiki Posts
Search

BA 145 to Dhaka

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
BA 145 to Dhaka

I was surprised to see on flightradar24 just now a BA 747 apparently operating BA 145 to Dhaka. I used to do this flight regularly, but BA cancelled it a while ago and the BA website does not show Dhaka as a destination. Can anyone shed any light on this?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
It was BA143 to Delhi. Would appear the crew had incorrectly entered the callsign in the flight management system, which is then broadcast as part of the Mode-S downlink. This is what flightradar24 base station uses pick up. Flightradar24 software then tries to establish the route from the callsign, which obviously it couldn't do correctly. I assume therefore that BA145 used to be the old flight number for Dhaka?

It would have been highlighted to ATC and they will be asked to correct it at some point.

Last edited by Airprox; Feb 28, 2012 at 7:00 am Reason: Spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.