Wiki Posts
Search

Do they record lounge visits?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC Silver, A-Club Gold
Do they record lounge visits?

Silly question perhaps - I had a bit of time on my hands last night leaving LHR (never traffic on the M40 when you want it) about 3 1/2 hours in fact. So I decided to explore the wonders of the GC lounges in T5, the 3 of them. Would my visit to the south lounge be visible on whatever software is sitting on the lounge "dragons" computer (why have they been referred to as dragons, always lovely in my experience) as I visited the north lounge. If so I wonder what the chap on the desk at T5B thought as I pitched up with a smile 20 minutes after turning up at the North lounge.

FWIW - Is it just me or does the north lounge seem quite stark in contrast to the south lounge, and isn't the lounge at T5B just a pleasure to spend time in compared to both of the others. I was actually shocked at the state of the main lounges, maybe my timing was bad, but they were rather messy.

O/T - Had a nice welcome to Silver from the guy on bag drop last night, he commented that he could see that I had recently moved up to Silver, but he assumed I knew where the lounges were - how much information do they have at the point of check in?

Rich
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
all very good questions, I would love to know the official answers myself, but i suspect i know the answer myself !

that being, that anywhere that your BP or Silver card are scanned or swiped would mean a record of a visit being recorded somewhere and visible to someone

cs
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:38 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I don't know the answer, but there's no issue in visiting multiple lounges.

We did Concorde Room, Galleries First, Galleries Club North, Galleries Club South and Galleries Club T5B in one long layover Managed a drink in each one, *before* a flight to LAS.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Originally Posted by BicesterTerrier

FWIW - Is it just me or does the north lounge seem quite stark in contrast to the south lounge, and isn't the lounge at T5B just a pleasure to spend time in compared to both of the others. I was actually shocked at the state of the main lounges, maybe my timing was bad, but they were rather messy.

Rich
That matches my experiences, I enjoy the T5B lounge greatly. Although the North lounge feels different I prefer it to the south complex.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 1:02 am

Programs: BA: Silver,
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I don't know the answer, but there's no issue in visiting multiple lounges.

We did Concorde Room, Galleries First, Galleries Club North, Galleries Club South and Galleries Club T5B in one long layover Managed a drink in each one, *before* a flight to LAS.
Yup, did the same tour when travelling with the family in F, thereby entitling me (and them) to get the 'full set'...
Old Feb 28, 2012, 1:22 am

Yes.

On our recent trip we visited 3 lounges CCR, First and Club.

When the boarding pass was scanned the lady said " doing the rounds of the lounges are we " ( in the nicest possible way )

It was visible on the monitor once the boarding pass scanned including times entered.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 1:29 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by kpriestnal
Yes.

On our recent trip we visited 3 lounges CCR, First and Club.

When the boarding pass was scanned the lady said " doing the rounds of the lounges are we " ( in the nicest possible way )

It was visible on the monitor once the boarding pass scanned including times entered.
Presumably a key reason it is recorded on entry to the lounge is to know where to look if the flight is closing and a pax hasn't shown up at the gate? And probably for charging purposes too as I assume pax from other OW carriers all cross-charge each other for access?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC Silver, A-Club Gold
Thanks for the thoughts. I guess I got my hat trick on Sunday then!! Will complete the set in January when we can visit CCR & GF. Although Mrs BT has already warned me about dragging her and the boy round the lounges on "some silly Flyer-thingy website game" - the cheek!!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by BOH
Presumably a key reason it is recorded on entry to the lounge is to know where to look if the flight is closing and a pax hasn't shown up at the gate? And probably for charging purposes too as I assume pax from other OW carriers all cross-charge each other for access?
Yes, those are both good reasons for recording lounge entrance. I have also experienced some polite comments after entering BA Flounge at T3, some 15 minutes after passing AA FL. And yes, I had some polite comments about where I spend the most of time waiting for the AA flight.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Although Mrs BT has already warned me about dragging her and the boy round the lounges on "some silly Flyer-thingy website game" - the cheek!!
I'll just leave this here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeMk7B46xg8
Old Feb 28, 2012, 3:12 am

Programs: BA: Silver,
Originally Posted by NeverFirst
Ahh Chess... What a great show!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The screen will show all your transactions - boarding pass collection, bag drop, lounge visits etc.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 4:27 am

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Would my visit to the south lounge be visible on whatever software is sitting on the lounge "dragons" computer (why have they been referred to as dragons, always lovely in my experience)

Rich
Because they guard the entrance to the treasure within.

Charming, unless you don't qualify or break the rules... in that case, prepare to be roasted.

I think this applies to any lounge, not just the BA ones!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 4:31 am

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 3:07 pm
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by angatol
One reason for recording visits hasn't been mentioned. If they didn't record visits, you could guest an unlimited number of people into the lounges.
You can guest people in to each lounge - but they are supposed to leave with you if you're doing this. It works on a honor system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.