Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Was anyone on today's BA 268 flight from LAX to LHR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Was anyone on today's BA 268 flight from LAX to LHR?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Platinum, Mileage junkie, Four Seasons seeker, brings the kids in F club
Reason #5 why you would probably prefer my toddler to be in F rather than an obnoxious adult

(although to be fair the amusement factor here is probably higher)

Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Padmeister
You Dont say? well thats bloody obvious!

People like this in premium cabins grind my gears, The Last thing you want in the First cabin is shouting and balling, its not on for the cabin crew or the other passengers.
it's not on for the huddled masses in economy either! But I suspect this kind of behavior is witnessed more often up front than down the back.

I witnessed the whole Naomi Campbell episode on that LHR-LAX flight a few years ago (which ended in her removal from the aircraft before departure from T5), and it was quite shocking.

This kind of event really does put the often-repeated (on FT) anxiety around children in the front cabins in perspective. Even if a child starts to melt down, parents almost always try to intervene. It takes the captain--or the law--to intervene in the case of an adult having a meltdown.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Platinum, Mileage junkie, Four Seasons seeker, brings the kids in F club
Originally Posted by prof
it's not on for the huddled masses in economy either! But I suspect this kind of behavior is witnessed more often up front than down the back.

I witnessed the whole Naomi Campbell episode on that LHR-LAX flight a few years ago (which ended in her removal from the aircraft before departure from T5), and it was quite shocking.

This kind of event really does put the often-repeated (on FT) anxiety around children in the front cabins in perspective. Even if a child starts to melt down, parents almost always try to intervene. It takes the captain--or the law--to intervene in the case of an adult having a meltdown.
oh man thats must have been crazy to see Naomi go off.....
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
I was on that flight and yes, all thc says is real! Others were laughing at her behaviour and a nice lady in 1A offered to change seats "if there is anything we can do to shut her mouth".... I'm glad the flight attendant didn't accept this offer. Also if had she been removed from the flight, the whole flight would have been delayed if checked luggage should have had to be removed from the hold.

I checked myself in about 6 hours before the flight and at least 1K was still available at that time...

After the flight I went to T3 BA first class lounge, and guess who was there... talking in a loud and occasionaly aggresive voice (voice like Nanny had in that TV show).... All she said over the phone about the flight was "it was long... you know how they are"... she did not mention anyhing about the "misery", but she was already firing someone over the phone if they wouldn't do as she wanted....

How dreadful can one get.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:39 pm
thc
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by sakari1707
I was on that flight and yes, all thc says is real!

After the flight I went to T3 BA first class lounge, and guess who was there... talking in a loud and occasionaly aggresive voice (voice like Nanny had in that TV show).... All she said over the phone about the flight was "it was long... you know how they are"... she did not mention anyhing about the "misery", but she was already firing someone over the phone if they wouldn't do as she wanted....

How dreadful can one get.
Small world. wish I had known another FTer was on that flight. (I was in 5K btw.)

I wonder if "Carmen", her travel agent, got fired.

Also, she must have screamed 50 times to the flight attendents, Carmen and to anyone else who would listen that she is a "businesswoman" and has to work for "12 hours", after her "long flight." Yes, traveling in First Class can make life so hard.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: AC Elite50k, BAEC Blue, Amex Plat, RBC Black Tin Visa
Originally Posted by mdj1
I so wish I had been on that flight!
Jeez, I wish that Pucci had been onboard! It's been too long since the last TFTG......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.