OW Sapphire benefits on BA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
OW Sapphire benefits on BA

Hi,

First time poster - long time stalker

Just quickly, might be a stupid question, but if one person in a booking is OW Sapphire, can the others in the booking check in at a Club World desk also? I understand that advance seat selection can be used for all people in booking (BA.com) ?!

Many Thanks

ctr20
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:36 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Yes..
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Yes to both in my experience.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Much appreciated!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

And welcome to flyertalk and the BA forum ctr20!^

A OW Sapphire can also bring in one guest to the Club lounges ( unless others get in by virtue of them travelling in business class)

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
In practice BA seem to be fairly flexible about the use of Club check-in, with no hard and fast rules. If one passenger has the right to use the Club check-in (even by virtue of a Club ticket - so no lounge guesting rights) they seem to be happy to let a travelling companion check in with him, and even to give both priority baggage handling.

But I expect they draw the line somewhere. A party of eight might be less well-received. For a mid-sized group of three or four, I would have thought an obvious family group would get away with it, but I wouldn't be so sure about a group of adult friends. How big is your party? Do you yourself think you're being a bit cheeky in trying it?

And yes, the implication of the way the question is phrased is probably correct: BA may not be so kind to other alliance members' Sapphires as to their own Silvers. I'm sure one guest would be fine in all cases, but less sure about more than that.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

LeisureFirst,

Its just the OW Sapphire +1. Ill try it and hope for the best! Thanks for all the feedback though, much appreciated!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:49 pm

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 3:04 pm
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:55 pm

Two of us are off to SYD in F next month and our adult daughter has just decided to join us in J. We are on different PNRs but will try the F check in and report if there are any issues (I'm not expecting any).
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:01 pm
Suspended

expect your OW status to be ignored.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by ctr20
LeisureFirst,

Its just the OW Sapphire +1. Ill try it and hope for the best! Thanks for all the feedback though, much appreciated!
I would be amazed if that were a problem, even if you weren't on the same PNR. You're entitled to lounge access for both of you, so it would be a bit strange to separate you for check-in, which is generally regarded as a lesser benefit.

Nothing is official about this, but I don't think it counts as "trying it on". The written rules simply don't specify, and I think this may be because BA likes to have the flexibility to do things on a case-by-case basis. But even though there may be grey areas, I don't think your suggested one guest would fall into a grey area. Whenever I've had a single guest at check-in (I've never tried more) I've always been made very welcome - definitely not a case of "err, well, just this once..."
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:06 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
Two of us are off to SYD in F next month and our adult daughter has just decided to join us in J. We are on different PNRs but will try the F check in and report if there are any issues (I'm not expecting any).
No need to report, that'll work like a clock..only totally crazy F desk agent would not check in your daughter w/o any questions/comments..

Enjoy your trip.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
No need to report, that'll work like a clock..only totally crazy F desk agent would not check in your daughter w/o any questions/comments..

Enjoy your trip.
Thanks - we will. We have had it arranged for several months and daughter decided at the weekend that she would join us. In less than an hour on Sunday afternoon I had booked her a seat on all of the 8 flights we are on. Just occasionally I am reminded how marvellous the internet can be....
Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:59 am

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
But can one use "fast-track" at T5. I've heard conflicting reports.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by gwade
But can one use "fast-track" at T5. I've heard conflicting reports.
Who is "one"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.