Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: Using BA Amex at IKEA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 3:51 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Originally Posted by wadewadewade
"Can I put this on the Amex" is probably my most frequent thought...beyond "is it acceptable to start drinking yet" (with the answer to both being "go ahead and try anyway )

We got our kitchen from B&Q who don't accept Amex and I'm ashamed to say I thought for more than a moment about changing the design entirely just to buy from somewhere that does
Rang through to Ikea to check. All Ikea stores now accept Amex.

I may get more enthusiastic about this kitchen buying now.

Last edited by MickV; Aug 12, 2014 at 4:27 am
Old Aug 12, 2014, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by layz
So as soon as you discovered this you went out and bought thousands of pounds worth of items with the intention of returning them? Credit a refund to a debit card so it goes straight into your bank
But of course

No - refunds to cards in store work. So buy a Billy at the tills and change your mind 2 seconds later and they'll refund it straight to Amex at customer services without any issues. But buy 25 Bills and have them delivered, only to discover that 24 arrive, and phone up back office to ask for a refund over the phone for Billy no. 25 and they have problems refunding to Amex. So you need to spend thousands on Amex and then get IKEA to cock something up where you're justified in expecting them to solve it and offer a refund remotely.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by layz
You can but B&Q giftcards from Tesco where you can pay on Amex + you get a nice clubcard bonus for every £50 you spend that can also be moved to Avios (or Virgin).
...can I buy a time machine on my Amex?! Live & learn!
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Can confirm that you can buy gift cards using Amex. Just been to Ikea Warrington and earned my next 241 voucher on the BAPP ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.