Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schiphol Bomb Threat

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by KenJohn
Immigration status ?
Lol, possibly

After some thought, a figure of £150 seems to come to mind as the GBP equivalent of the amount he tried to charge us to go from central stockholm to Arlanda. This was approx 5 years ago remember. It was about £50 from the airport to hotel and that WAS hailed from the street outside the airport.

Does that sound right?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by jamesie_version1
Are you aware that there are different kinds of taxi's in Stockholm, one's with fixed rates which are much cheaper that the standard meters.

If not, there's a fair chance that you hailed a standard meter, and actually screwed the taxi driver over.

Mind you but that is total hogwash. The three main taxi companies have the correct fixed rate from to/from ARN. Between SEK 495 and 530. The others are so called independents who are setting their own tarrif and basically ripping people off legally. Then there's scumbags like Panny experienced setting the meter on an ad-hoc basis. The problem is that when taxi was de-regulated in Sweden it was done badly and there is not much oversight, hence people are getting ripped off a la eastern Europe.

I've nearly gotten into fights these thieving scumbags when realizing I took the wrong cab. And as Panny says, they are not afraid to threaten you.

Many companies in Stockholm now pre book cabs for their guests as so many are getting ripped off. Panny should be commended for standing up to those scumbags.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:07 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Petrus
Mind you but that is total hogwash. The three main taxi companies have the correct fixed rate from to/from ARN. Between SEK 495 and 530. The others are so called independents who are setting their own tarrif and basically ripping people off legally. Then there's scumbags like Panny experienced setting the meter on an ad-hoc basis. The problem is that when taxi was de-regulated in Sweden it was done badly and there is not much oversight, hence people are getting ripped off a la eastern Europe.

I've nearly gotten into fights these thieving scumbags when realizing I took the wrong cab. And as Panny says, they are not afraid to threaten you.

Many companies in Stockholm now pre book cabs for their guests as so many are getting ripped off. Panny should be commended for standing up to those scumbags.
Thanks

However no one has commented on the point I was trying to make in my post, ie: Where the hell were the police?

If someone was outside LHR shouting "POLICE POLICE" at the top of their voice, I have no doubt they would be there in a flash!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Thanks

However no one has commented on the point I was trying to make in my post, ie: Where the hell were the police?
I called 911 to report an abandoned SUV (with tinted windows no less) at the "pick up only" section of LGA - the response time for the police to turn up was 8 minutes!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 6:57 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
I'm upset about the state of the BA lounge as anyone else but this is too much

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.