Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the most Avios you got from BA as compensation and for what?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the most Avios you got from BA as compensation and for what?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:36 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
2 years ago, in the days before AVIOS, we received 20k BA Miles ( 5k x 4 pax) for non-functioning screens in CE, flying on one of the lovely 767s between LHR & ATH.

I was more than happy with that offer, and gladly accepted the significant bump in our HHA ! ^

The movie was likely to have been pretty crummy anyway !
Old Mar 24, 2012, 4:19 am

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
in 2008, 50k Miles, £150 voucher and 2 x £200 in clothing/toiletries for delayed luggage (>48 hours outbound and inbound) plus AVOD problems in F to South Africa. Payment for inbound baggage delay was unusual but as I was flying straight out to Ireland the next day they made an exception. Really rather good customer service, but it was F.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 5:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Cabin Flown: CW SYD-SIN-LHR
My Status:Gold
Complaint:Broken footrest
Compensation:50k
Old Mar 24, 2012, 5:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by jaguarpig
Cabin Flown: CW SYD-SIN-LHR
My Status:Gold
Complaint:Broken footrest
Compensation:50k
Interesting, so maybe status does matter some times!

Out of interest, when was this please?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 5:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Still zero to the question in the title, and I want to keep it that way if possible, because it means trouble-free travelling.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 6:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Still zero to the question in the title, and I want to keep it that way if possible, because it means trouble-free travelling.
Same here!

Credit card companies on the other hand, totally different story!

Oh, but I had an insulting amount of points given to me as compensation by EK once after the worst flight experience of my life, hence why I'll never fly with them again!
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:13 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Interesting, so maybe status does matter some times!

Out of interest, when was this please?
July 2009
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
2 x non working IFE in CW
1 in Jan from LHR-DXB
1 in March from DXB-LHR
BAEC Gold

15k Avios credited.

Most impressive was that I only sent in the 'complaint' on Saturday 14th March via my online BAEC account and received a reply this morning and the Avios are already there.

I am based in DE so presume the complaint was handled by BA in DE.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Thompst
15k Avios credited.
For 2 x CW that should have been 15k Avios x 2...
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by clubman
For 2 x CW that should have been 15k Avios x 2...
I guess you are right but how do I respond if I do not think it is acceptable?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Oh, but I had an insulting amount of points given to me as compensation by EK once after the worst flight experience of my life, hence why I'll never fly with them again!
Was it you where they gave you an inflight upgrade price for your party, you got ready to move and then they came back and said the price they quoted was per person? That happened to someone on here, but can't remember who it was
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Was it you where they gave you an inflight upgrade price for your party, you got ready to move and then they came back and said the price they quoted was per person? That happened to someone on here, but can't remember who it was
Definitely not me!

I had already selected seats but when I got to the airport found our BP's were for the last row with seats that didn't recline fully and right next to the toilets!

Not to mention the being told there would be a delay, allowed to leave the airport, then called and told to rush back because the slot had been moved forward!

Asking for an onboard upgrade and being told it would be $2000 USD, then after we agreed and we got all our stuff ready to move another CC came back and told us it would actually be $2000 per pax!

Then being served breakfast in the afternoon and afternoon tea during late evening.

And finally having my complaint (and request to stay an extra day, as we missed our first evening in the £320 a night hotel) ignored for a month before they responded.

(Wait a sec!, this should be on the rant thread)
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold; SPG Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Definitely not me!

...Asking for an onboard upgrade and being told it would be $2000 USD, then after we agreed and we got all our stuff ready to move another CC came back and told us it would actually be $2000 per pax!

I'm confused ... this definitely sounds like the same thing to me.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 4:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kuchen
I'm confused ... this definitely sounds like the same thing to me.
There were 3 of us. When he gave me the price I understood it was for all 3 of us, and I believe he did too and this is what we agreed.

Then they sent someone else to come and say "You do realise sir, it's $2000 each". You can only imagine how embarassing this was for me after we had gathered all our stuff ready to move seats. The chap sitting next to me also agreed it was outrageous as he had heard the entire conversation too and was considering asking for the upgrade too based on the price I was quoted.

$2000 for 3 pax on board upgrade 1 way to biz on EK would have been acceptable to me just about, painful, but acceptable, $6000 was way out of my budget though.

Dont forget also, no lounge was used, nor the airport limo transfers you normally get on EK biz.

It's just a seat at the end of the day, which sat empty for the whole flight anyway.

I'm actually glad I didn't pay even the $2000 in the end. I would have probably been disappointed with the service. The crew were, how can I put it politely without swearing? "not performing to the best of their abilities" that day and clearly having a tough day with a plane load of delayed pax.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 4:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AMEX Plat and all that comes with it.
I think we have a winner...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...es-payout.html

Date: July 2008
Cabin Flown: Galley Class
Complaint: Sore head
Compensation: £280,000

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.