Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the most Avios you got from BA as compensation and for what?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the most Avios you got from BA as compensation and for what?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2012 | 3:31 pm
Original Poster
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
This thread is soooooo going to get canned, lol
Old Feb 7, 2012 | 3:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by golfmad
Which makes this reply a discussion about a discussion about the merits of whether the original discussion was worth having. My head hurts.
I don't think so, but I'm open to correction

IMHO your reply ("this reply"), isn't "a discussion about a discussion about the merits of whether the original discussion was worth having", it's a simple statement that your head hurts, which is OT because the condition of your head doesn't relate to the discussion about the subject of the thread.

Old Feb 7, 2012 | 3:54 pm
DVT

Programs: BA Bronze
I complained about a 7 hour delay (flight aborted on take-off from LHR) twice to BAngalore via the website and got nothing. I then sent a written letter to the UK customer service address and was given 10k, as a Blue in WT.

Got 15K a couple of times for AVOD malfunction LHR-SFO.
Old Feb 7, 2012 | 3:56 pm
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by heartybob
Pigeon shat on my head;
Not sure shat is a word; should it not be shitted?
Old Feb 7, 2012 | 3:58 pm
Original Poster
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by DVT
Got 15K a couple of times for AVOD malfunction LHR-SFO.
15K, were you in CW by any chance?
Old Feb 7, 2012 | 4:02 pm
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by heartybob
Only meal choice chicken, beef or birdseed (I'm vegan);
And bird seed is 100% vegan and so is the chicken you get in Y; it's woven from soya protein or tofu or something like that. You got great compensation; well done!
Old Feb 7, 2012 | 4:38 pm

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
From reading this thread and seeing various posts about some thing called AVOD and doing a search it appears that BA have TV screens in J.

I thought that grey thing was an etch-a-sketch for the kids.....
Old Feb 7, 2012 | 4:56 pm
DVT

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
15K, were you in CW by any chance?
No, definitely in WT, but this was back in 2007 so either it was different then (I believe AVOD was just being installed) or my memory has failed and it was a lower amount.
Old Feb 7, 2012 | 5:07 pm
Original Poster
Suspended

OP updated in order to make this "research" a bit more scientific.
Old Feb 7, 2012 | 5:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
OP updated in order to make this "research" a bit more scientific.
About 2DAZE2L8
Old Feb 7, 2012 | 6:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Don't know if it is true or not but I have heard that if you complain too much you get a black mark put against your name......probably along the lines of being a serial complainer or a PITA.

That might explain why my only serious complaint.....an undercooked sausage and cold pot of tea in F resulted in me not getting any service recovery. That incident followed quite a few service recovery issues (mostly trivial) which had been dealt with superbly by BA.
Maybe they thought enough was enough?
Old Feb 7, 2012 | 6:45 pm
Original Poster
Suspended

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Don't know if it is true or not but I have heard that if you complain too much you get a black mark put against your name......probably along the lines of being a serial complainer or a PITA.

That might explain why my only serious complaint.....an undercooked sausage and cold pot of tea in F resulted in me not getting any service recovery. That incident followed quite a few service recovery issues (mostly trivial) which had been dealt with superbly by BA.
Maybe they thought enough was enough?
Aaah, yes the infamous sausage incident!

I think someone mentioned they mark you as ABCNS (Always bloody complains never satisfied).

Maybe it was a joke, I'm sure I read that somewhere on here, but can't find it through searching now though

Personally, I hope I never have to complain, and I really do want my AVOD to work on my first upcoming CW trip this June (LHR-DXB route, incase someone from the AVOD fixer upper's department is reading this!!!).

I also already know from experience the betamax/goldfishbowl tellys setup on the LHR-LCA is going to be sh!t next month, but I'm not planning to complain about it, except on here of course

Last edited by PanGalactic; Feb 7, 2012 at 7:05 pm
Old Feb 7, 2012 | 7:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Aaah, yes the infamous sausage incident!

I think someone mentioned they mark you as ABCNS (Always bloody complains never satisfied).
Yes I wouldn't be at all surprised if it gets noted if you submit a complaint after every flight you take with them. It isn't really normal behaviour.....law of averages and all that.
Old Feb 8, 2012 | 3:09 am

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
Ahh, but are complaints counteracted with well done's?

Even if I've had a faulty avod or seat if the crew or other areas of the flight have been noteworthy then these always get a mention. It's good to note the positives as well as the negatives.
Old Feb 8, 2012 | 3:28 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by HIDDY
They'd have to be very careful about this. Firstly it is possible to go through a series of longhaul flights which are disastrous - I know, I've done it. Secondly, if submitted a SARN and BA were forced to send everything they stored information-wise about you they'd be stuffed...

BAH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.