Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the most Avios you got from BA as compensation and for what?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the most Avios you got from BA as compensation and for what?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:12 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
And that reaction is exactly what they want. As soon as everyone has realised there are no points to be gained by complaining, they'll stop complaining. Then Cruz gets to say "Complaints are down by 50%; I'm doing a great job."

Providing customer numbers aren't also down by that margin, BA will see it as a win.
This is also my take on it. Service Recovery has to be an ongoing thing for any company as long as the complaints arent petty. Simply saying a blanket sorry but tough approach doesnt work in all situations
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Date: Dec-16
Cabin Flown: F
My Status: Bronze (at the time)
Complaint: Mix-up with collecting pushchair at IAD. Assured if would be from a/c steps. Disembarked first and waited 15-20mins by which time whole plane had disembarked. Then told would have to collect it from carousel - but now had 45min wait behind the full plane in immigration queue with an irritable 8 month old after his first TATL flight (fine on flight itself though) who just wanted to go to sleep. As part of the same complaint - wifi down in CCR and faulty TV in cabana which we couldnt turn off, change channel, volume etc.
Compensation: 10k Avios

Date: May-17
Cabin Flown: F
My Status: Gold
Complaint: No new Liberty washbags either way LHR-NRT then HND-LHR. They did have them on the return but there wasn't enough loaded so I missed out. I hadn't even raised this as a complaint, CSM must have as I just got a call out of the blue a few weeks later.
Compensation: 5k Avios
Old Jul 16, 2017, 6:08 am

Departed RTM via LCY/(SNN)/JFK (BA1) to MIA last week. Staff at RTM did not know about the preclearance facilities in SNN and manually short-checked my bags to JFK because 'I had to clear customs there'. I asked if she could check my bags all the way to MIA and explained about the fuel/preclearance stop in SNN. I was told she had 'clear instructions' to short-check all bags to the first point of entry in the US due to customs regulations.

I ended up picking up my bags at JFK T7, dragging all of my stuff in the skytrain to T8 and recheck it at the AA check-in.

Wrote a quick (constructive) message to BA and suggested to provide some additional instructions to RTM ground staff regarding BA1 (I can imagine there is not a lot of RTM-US traffic). Received a friendly reply that RTM ground staff will be briefed about the customs/immigration in SNN and 10K Avios were added to my account. Will check in a couple of weeks if my bag indeed will be checked to my final US destination from RTM!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:50 am

2/7/17
Club world
LGW-ANU
IFE not working
4 pax 3 bookings 2 on 2-4-1 one on revenue sale fare one on hotline reduced fare
All humble blues (although both daughters now bronze!)

Compensation 2-4-1 passengers me 8000 wife 9000, eldest daughter on hotline booking 6000 avios, youngest daughter (revenue fare) we're very sorry we've let you down but some of our planes have a better IFE better luck next time.
Tafflyer likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Alun
2/7/17
Club world
LGW-ANU
IFE not working
4 pax 3 bookings 2 on 2-4-1 one on revenue sale fare one on hotline reduced fare
All humble blues (although both daughters now bronze!)

Compensation 2-4-1 passengers me 8000 wife 9000, eldest daughter on hotline booking 6000 avios, youngest daughter (revenue fare) we're very sorry we've let you down but some of our planes have a better IFE better luck next time.
The one consistent thing about BA is their inconsistency.
mec72 and Alun like this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:27 am

Guess they weren't Avios in those days but Wife and I got 200,000 after a complete screw up and 24 hour delay flying a certain pointed nose plane back from NY. We had some very nice long haul flights up front on the back of that
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: Baec
3/09/2017
CW
Silver
Terrible service and food
10000 avios
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver, IHG Plat
June 17
LAS-LHR in F
IFE not working, complained via Web form, got a phone call a couple of weeks later offering 15k each for wife and I. Was busy at the time I took the call so just accepted it.
​​​​
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by Vlntn
Departed RTM via LCY/(SNN)/JFK (BA1) to MIA last week. Staff at RTM did not know about the preclearance facilities in SNN and manually short-checked my bags to JFK because 'I had to clear customs there'. I asked if she could check my bags all the way to MIA and explained about the fuel/preclearance stop in SNN. I was told she had 'clear instructions' to short-check all bags to the first point of entry in the US due to customs regulations.

I ended up picking up my bags at JFK T7, dragging all of my stuff in the skytrain to T8 and recheck it at the AA check-in.

Wrote a quick (constructive) message to BA and suggested to provide some additional instructions to RTM ground staff regarding BA1 (I can imagine there is not a lot of RTM-US traffic). Received a friendly reply that RTM ground staff will be briefed about the customs/immigration in SNN and 10K Avios were added to my account. Will check in a couple of weeks if my bag indeed will be checked to my final US destination from RTM!
Moderators please correct me if I'm wrong.

OP .... the RTM ground staff were absolutely CORRECT in that your bags would only have been checked through to JFK. Your starting point was not LCY nor SNN. SNN and DUB as starting points have USA pre clearance (with exception of BA 1 from LCY which makes) so you would have been better off collecting your bags at LCY and re-checked them to BA1
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by deboyzoned
Moderators please correct me if I'm wrong.

OP .... the RTM ground staff were absolutely CORRECT in that your bags would only have been checked through to JFK. Your starting point was not LCY nor SNN. SNN and DUB as starting points have USA pre clearance (with exception of BA 1 from LCY) so you would have been better off collecting your bags at LCY and re-checked them to BA1
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: BAEC
LHR – SEA 18th Aug in F
Wost service on any flight for a long time, cc were invisible. Food was served ok( and was nice) but we weren't offered a drink (except with meals) for the whole 10 hr flight. I went to the galley several times to ask for drinks and snacks, empties were collected and the crew disappeared so quickly that there was no time to ask for a refill.
My seat wouldn't recline so CSM was called who managed to get it flat for sleeping, I like to look out of the windows so kept it flat to sit near the feet end until just before landing. But then the seat wouldn't go fully upright. I waited for the crew to do the pre landing check, hoping someone could fix it but no check was done (there were still bags on the floor when we landed – not mine). By the time I realised that there was no one checking the cabin the crew were asked to take their seats for landing. The cabin was full so I couldn't move to another seat. The seat had a red FAULT light lit just above the adjusting knob.
After landing I asked a member of the crew to report the seat so that it might be fixed for whoever sat in it next.
Myself and hubby have been offered 25,000 Avios each for the service failure and BA were very apologetic and say that the crew have been reported (I'm not sure what happens next but it does seem that they have acted on my complaint).

I had hoped that I might be offered a bit more for the seat though.
This is part of the reply: "Your seat is a very important part of our service. I’m pleased you let our cabin crew know you were unhappy so they could try and fix your seat themselves. Although, I’m disappointed they couldn’t fix the problem before you landed at Seattle."
The problem is that they didn't try to fix it before we landed because they hadn't noticed that it wasn't working because no one checked the cabin. I have a photo of the panel with the fault light taken just before landing, not sure if this is helpful or not.

Do any of you much more experienced flyers think that it is worth my persuing this any further?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerGill
LHR – SEA 18th Aug in F
Wost service on any flight for a long time, cc were invisible. Food was served ok( and was nice) but we weren't offered a drink (except with meals) for the whole 10 hr flight. I went to the galley several times to ask for drinks and snacks, empties were collected and the crew disappeared so quickly that there was no time to ask for a refill.
My seat wouldn't recline so CSM was called who managed to get it flat for sleeping, I like to look out of the windows so kept it flat to sit near the feet end until just before landing. But then the seat wouldn't go fully upright. I waited for the crew to do the pre landing check, hoping someone could fix it but no check was done (there were still bags on the floor when we landed – not mine). By the time I realised that there was no one checking the cabin the crew were asked to take their seats for landing. The cabin was full so I couldn't move to another seat. The seat had a red FAULT light lit just above the adjusting knob.
After landing I asked a member of the crew to report the seat so that it might be fixed for whoever sat in it next.
Myself and hubby have been offered 25,000 Avios each for the service failure and BA were very apologetic and say that the crew have been reported (I'm not sure what happens next but it does seem that they have acted on my complaint).

I had hoped that I might be offered a bit more for the seat though.
This is part of the reply: "Your seat is a very important part of our service. I’m pleased you let our cabin crew know you were unhappy so they could try and fix your seat themselves. Although, I’m disappointed they couldn’t fix the problem before you landed at Seattle."
The problem is that they didn't try to fix it before we landed because they hadn't noticed that it wasn't working because no one checked the cabin. I have a photo of the panel with the fault light taken just before landing, not sure if this is helpful or not.

Do any of you much more experienced flyers think that it is worth my persuing this any further?
I had a seat which refused to move HKG-LHR F. It was either up or manually put into flat mode. CSD put into her iPad that 20k Avios for 'service recovery' would be issued and they were in my account within 7 days.

25k each for a shorter flight sounds pretty good, even with the poor service. I would take it and move on.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: BA GGL/GFL, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Going back to 2014, but we got 50K each for the SFO-LHR First cabin being Old First- 200000 total :-)
Old Sep 23, 2017, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Friend had poor (non actual!) screw up with Elemis Spa followed by awful F service with only one crew member due to strike. Offered a long winded email and 5,000 Avios. Rejected and BA increased to 15,000. Seems quite generous considering current comp levels. Settled with that
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver Marriott/SPG GOLD ELITE Avis President’s Club.
Flew CW JFK rtn with grandson age 8 child's meal ordered. Food brought was burnt adult pasta meal Cabin crew said this is special meal no other meal available. Complained to BA offered 10k points
Will look at alternative airlines when flying club in future if BA unable to supply a simple child's meal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.