Search

How many miles and TP?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2012, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
How many miles and TP?

Hi all.
Flew LHR-PHX recently. Booked WT+ and UUA to CW. Had a REALLY bad day at work before getting to LHR so asked about paid upgrade to F. £399 later, I'm sitting in the CCR sipping champers and eating a burger. CCR staff delightful and blood pressure slowly reduced.

MF crew absoutely first class - perfect amount of attention and really caring. And front row all to myself (chose K for right handed drinking ease). Worth every penny to me.

Was just checking in for flight home tonight and saw that I was awarded CW TP + miles. It really doesn't matter to me that much (I think only 3K miles difference to F and the extra tier points are pretty unlikely to get me to gold) but I know how this board loves a conundrum. SHould I have received WTP, CW or F miles and tier points for this flight? If I hadn't done an AAU then I have read that the answer is F, but I'm not so sure with this scenario.

PS - luuurvely temperature out here, winter in Scottsdale beats winter in London any day...
Old Jan 29, 2012, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by InFF
Was just checking in for flight home tonight and saw that I was awarded CW TP + miles. It really doesn't matter to me that much (I think only 3K miles difference to F and the extra tier points are pretty unlikely to get me to gold) but I know how this board loves a conundrum. SHould I have received WTP, CW or F miles and tier points for this flight? If I hadn't done an AAU then I have read that the answer is F, but I'm not so sure with this scenario.
In this scenario, you should've received Avios and TPs for World Traveller Plus.

If you had been on a paid Club World fare and paid to upgrade to First, you should've received Avios and TPs for First.

So you actually did rather well. Shhh
Old Jan 29, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
I'm not sure Genius1 is correct here (though I appreciate he usually is )

You have paid for an upgrade to a cabin higher than you booked, which would normally be awarded the new cabins' points for that sector. You also used miles for an upgrade to a cabin higher, which of course doesn't count for increased TP/Avios.

I think getting CW points/miles here is the correct decision actually.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Not a bad way to get into F? WTP sale fare 12.5k avoid and £400
Old Jan 29, 2012, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by InFF
Not a bad way to get into F? WTP sale fare 12.5k avoid and £400
Indeed, an excellent way ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.