Wiki Posts
Search

Tier point level question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Tier point level question

Apologies in advance for what may be a basic question -

I'm currently Bronze, with exactly 300 tier points. My membership year runs out in a month and I'm not due to fly till after that date. At that point, will I need to earn another 600 points to get silver, or only another 300?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:08 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
You'll need to earn 600 points again because your TPs will "expire" (or "reset to zero" to be more precise) at the end of your membership year.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
That was the case but its changed with all the rule changes last November when Bronze was introduced. We have to get use to the new mind-set.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_gb - go down the page to "Tier Points translated"
You continue to earn Tier Points throughout your membership year (12 months from your date of joining) even after you move up a tier. So, for example, when you hit Bronze, you're already half way to Silver.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:21 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by KenJohn
That was the case but its changed with all the rule changes last November.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_gb
You continue to earn Tier Points throughout your membership year (12 months from your date of joining) even after you move up a tier. So, for example, when you hit Bronze, you're already half way to Silver.
Yes, but the OP says his membership year expires in a month...so LTNPhobia is correct.

BAH
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by KenJohn
You continue to earn Tier Points throughout your membership year (12 months from your date of joining) even after you move up a tier.
But the OP's membership year ends before the next flight - so at that point the 300 TPs will be reset to zero, a new membership year will begin, and the OP will require 600 TPs during the next membership year to reach Silver (or 300 TPs to simply renew the existing Bronze for a further year).
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Missed that bit. Yes, Tier Points still reset after a year.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks all. Thought as much, but it's not THAT clearly worded on the BA site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.