Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat confusion in MMB

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
Seat confusion in MMB

Four of us are travelling in F from HKG to London on the 773 in a few weeks. The seat map on ba.com tells me the AC is a 747 (but with 777 layout) and won't let me put my wife into 1A (ideally we would like to all be on the same row and every other row has one person in it making it tricky).

I was under the impression that only 1AK on the 747 are reserved for Golds and wonder if MMB won't let me move into 1A because it thinks we are still on the 747 that used to fly the 27/28 rotation?

Have looked on ba website but can't find answer and the seating thread here are now so long I'd need all day to find this out
Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:26 am
09R

As far as I know 1a/k (perhaps the whole of row 1) is also reserved for golds on 777 too.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
Well, we have got the children into 1EF so not sure that's it
Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There are some rogue seat set-ups in MMB on that route, I came across one the other day.

This where Expertflyer helps since on a 777 it is easy to spot (a) blocked versus occupied and (b) the distinctive F seating for 777 (a 4 x 4 layout with 2 holes in row 3). If you are not on EF just put the dates here (or to me in a PM) and someone can check for you.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
According to Expert Flyer 1AK are marked "P" for Premium and 1EF are not. The accuracy of that label in not guaranteed of course.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You don't want to be in row on the 777 anyhow. Move back a row or two and enjoy less noise and light.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
You don't want to be in row on the 777 anyhow. Move back a row or two and enjoy less noise and light.
Good point - have stuck with 1F/K and 2F/K - the children sleep anywhere so they can have row 1 @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.