Wiki Posts
Search

Avios Booking CX F - Changes Advice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2012, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Avios Booking CX F - Changes Advice

Hello to everyone in this great forum - thanks for everything you have directly and indirectly helped me with so far - now I hope you can help again!

Before change to Avios I booked JFK-HKG-KUL on CX F and C for 75K - only really booked the extra leg to KUL to maximise use of miles as actually did not really need to go there but was happy to if you know what I mean. Anyway I need to get from KUL down to MEL now and have found a fare on MH in C then F for only £890 if I start from MNL - fare just for the F leg from KUL is nearly 3 times this amount for the same seat! - Therefore I want to know if and how I can change my JFK-HKG-KUL ticket to JFK-HKG-MNL instead. I know there is availability from HKG to MNL as I have made a 'dummy' booking. If not I can get from HKG to MNL cheap anyway so would I simply be able to cancel the HKG-KUL leg? MMB on BA only gives the option to cancel or change the times/days not the destination.

My other option is to stay the night in KUL as originally planned and then book a CLUB seat using Avios from SIN to SYD which has now become available for the date I need and buy a cheapo QF domestic in Y from SYD to MEL and also a cheapo seat from KUL to SIN to meet up with the BA flight - my only worry for this is would I have to properly 'enter' singapore for a few hours so I can get to BA check in desks for flight or can I find some sort of BA desk within Changi itself to check in and get boarding pass - I will prob only have hand baggage - if I had bags I don't get how I could check in for an MH flight from KUL to SIN and then get bags for next flight without leaving airport??? and assume MH agents would not label bags for another airline's flights?? Having flown so much I cannot believe my ignorance of changing airlines at an airport and my stupid questions - normally stick to BA for everything!

Hope someone can help as really want to try MH F for what is in my opinion a bargain price - apologies for long ramble too!
Old Jan 29, 2012, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by HTflyer
... and also a cheapo seat from KUL to SIN to meet up with the BA flight - my only worry for this is would I have to properly 'enter' singapore for a few hours so I can get to BA check in desks for flight or can I find some sort of BA desk within Changi itself to check in and get boarding pass - I will prob only have hand baggage ...
If you've got a ticket for SIN-SYD and no checked bags, then you would be able to remain airside at SIN and get a boarding pass at a transfer desk there.

If you have checked bags, then MH or SQ can through-check them, but will only do so as a matter of discretion because you're "connecting" on two separate tickets. Those who know MH's and SQ's current practice at KUL on this would be best placed to advise, but a couple of years ago SQ at KUL did this for me onto a QF sector on a separate ticket.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 7:16 am

You should be able to call BAEC and change the HKG-KUL leg to HKG-MNL, and pay the change fees if any apply to you. I've done this before (changed routing) with pre-11/16 pricing on a pre-11/16 ticket, done post 11/16, and although it's a pain it's do-able.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.