Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Setting new BAEC and household account to buy Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2012, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

For people who don't yet have Executive Club accounts, is it possible to set up 3 new BAEC accounts for a family, buy the maximum annually allowed 24,000 Avios for each account, then merge into a household account for immediate redemption?

Due to current 25% Avios purchase bonus and wide availability, it's cheaper to redeem than to buy a J ticket for my friend's chosen route. Advice appreciated, thanks.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 5:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
If you have a Household Acount then Avios can only be redeemed for members of the Household Account. So this would work if your friend lives at the same address and is one of the Household Account members.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Am well aware of that ... but what I was hoping to know is whether a newly created BAEC member can buy Avios immediately for his account, and if so, can that member set up a new household account for family members (naturally, at the same address) immediately thereafter and, if so, can the purchased Avios be used for online redemption right after that for members of his household account?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:36 pm

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
I don't know for sure, but I imagine that you need to allow 24 hours between each step to let the Computer systems do an overnight run.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 2:34 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Can definitely be done. My experience both of enrolling new family members to the BAEC and adding them to the HHA has been that all functions can be done pretty much immediately. Same with purchasing miles - available to use by the time I had finished the transaction. One word of warning - the website does say that purchases might take 5 days to appear in your account....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.