Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How long for award ticket refund of cash part of miles+cash?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2012, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold

Booked an award ticket back in May 2011 on AA for miles + cash and just canceled it over the phone two weeks ago. Miles were redeposited instantly, but I still haven't seen my refund show up on the credit card I used to purchase the ticket. I just tried calling BAEC in the US and got the message that my call couldn't be taken by BAEC since all their lines were busy!

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to see this refund and is there an email address to contact BAEC instead of calling? Also, would the refund still go back to my original credit card even though it's been ~9 months, or might they send me a check in the mail? Maybe that's why it's taking so long.

Thanks..
Old Jan 28, 2012, 1:04 am

Programs: BA Exec Club,Skywards,Hilton Honours,Mariott Rewards,SPG
I cancelled a redemption booking a couple of weeks ago on the phone. The money was credited back to the original card within four days. We also received a confirmation in the post a couple of days.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks I guess I need to try calling them up again.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

BAEC response

Just to let everyone know in case it helps someone in the future...

I finally got through to the US BAEC on the phone today and was told that since my ticket was a part cash / part miles ticket that the refunds take longer and must be done manually by a person instead of automatically by the system. So basically she said to keep watching my cc account and I will see the refund (hopefully soon).
Old Jan 28, 2012, 9:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Another show of the BA IT system really not being up to par. Their system should have a record of both points and cashed used and be able to refund both at the same time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.