Search

Best Way to convert to Avios

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2012, 8:04 am
McG
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Best Way to convert to Avios

I have around 12000 miles sitting in my CO one pass account.

What would be the best programme to transfer them to that I could then transfer them out of to Avios which I could then merge into my BA account.
In terms of best, I would be looking for the programme that gave the maximum return on these miles in terms of avios.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 8:26 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by McG
I have around 12000 miles sitting in my CO one pass account.

What would be the best programme to transfer them to that I could then transfer them out of to Avios which I could then merge into my BA account.
In terms of best, I would be looking for the programme that gave the maximum return on these miles in terms of avios.
Not sure about CO miles, but check the link in my sig, it might give you some ideas, good luck
Old Jan 27, 2012, 8:49 am
McG
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Thanks for the link.

Seems I need to find a way to transfer CO miles to SPG.
Then I should be able to convert SPG to Avios.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 8:54 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by McG
Thanks for the link.

Seems I need to find a way to transfer CO miles to SPG.
Then I should be able to convert SPG to Avios.
Sounds like a good plan

If you can get 20K SPG they will give an extra 5K when you transfer to Avios.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: United 1K
There is no way to transfer CO miles to SPG.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
I'd say your best bet was trading in Coupon Connection. You've not got enough posts for that (180) but they might allow you to be grandfathered in because you did have enough before the rules changed from 90 posts in May. I think you need to contact Sandiego1k if that is of interest to you.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by louie-m
I'd say your best bet was trading in Coupon Connection. You've not got enough posts for that (180) but they might allow you to be grandfathered in because you did have enough before the rules changed from 90 posts in May. I think you need to contact Sandiego1k if that is of interest to you.
Aaah yes, the "secret" forum
Old Jan 28, 2012, 2:43 am

Programs: NZ *Gold
WebFlyer conversion tool suggests CO to Amtrack to Hilton to BA, yielding 2,000 Avios.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 5:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RedVee
WebFlyer conversion tool suggests CO to Amtrack to Hilton to BA, yielding 2,000 Avios.
Very cool website!!! ^

I'd leave them in Hilton personally rather than take that much hit.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:37 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Transferring via Amtrak doesn't work for most people, can't remember why exactly, but you need to have their credit card or be gold or something like that.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.