Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iPads in OF?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
iPads in OF?

Hi All, I'm off to Mex on the BA0243 on monday. I guess there is a chance it will be NF - but in the event it is OF does anyone know if iPads are likely to be distributed for entertainment?

My last OF experience (a couple of years ago) was fine, all except the IFE screens seemed to be fairly old and poor. I heard BA were possibly passing iPads around now, but not sure if this the case (or whether it was just a limited trial of some kind).

I could take my own iPad with some loaded movies etc but as I'm only going for a couple of days, I'm trying to travel as light as possible (with carry on only) so wanted to check and see if they were still doing this iPad thing or not.

Any info appreciated
Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
No ipads in OF last night down to Jo'burg!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The iPads are only available on the B777 with OF as they have the GMIS system with the small screens and 12 channels on a loop. All other aircraft longhual aircraft have an AVOD system.
The first of the 18 B777's with GMIS system is now converted and now has the new Thales IFE system.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Thanks Raffles and Cihy!

I have a feeling its going to be NF anyway (a cot position has suddenly appeared between rows 4/5K - so keeping my fingers crossed)
Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I assume you mean 5F?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I assume you mean 5F?
lol yes, thats the one... (wasn't quite clear on the map which seat it actually belonged to but looking again I guess it would be 5F's)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.