Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Ladies to London

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2012, 5:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I, too was given the 'tour' of New First when I was in CW on the way to LAX last year. Just like the OP I was chatting to the CSD and when I mentioned that I'd only ever travelled Old F, well I no longer had a choice.

Although it would be absurd to suggest that this happened to every single passenger who had a passing interest in NF, don't we all. I do agree with the OP in that it's a good bit of free (okay the teabag!) marketing/advertsing. Indeed we booked a F trip as soon as we returned home.

Brilliant mini-TR, by the way!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks for everyone's comments - I'm glad you all enjoyed the report.

It wasn't a perfect flight, but it doesn't need to be. The hard product gets people on the plane, the soft product should be bringing them back. As was also pointed out, there were a few negatives, but the positives far outweighed those. As I often say to my team at work: "Perfection is not required, excellence is good enough!" This flight was excellent - due to the foundation of the hard product but really delivered by the CC - without their stellar performance the flight could easily have been awful! BA obviously has fantastic employees at all levels, we need to remember this when we encounter those who are not quite of the same standard.

And yes, PG, my watch is important to me. I'm not sure why but I started making a few notes at the beginning of the trip based on what was happening when, and I never really stopped. So while I looked like a bit of an idiot looking at my watch and writing things down every few minutes, no one could really see me was I as in 64K/5A most of the time!

Thanks again everyone... I'm heading West in a few days and I'll probably do a (smaller) report for that flight too. I hope it will be as good as this one.

rb211.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Thank you RB211, I love this "The hard product gets people on the plane, the soft product should be bringing them back". do you mind if I use this in my briefings to crew?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Gold, QR Silver, HH Diamond
Terrific, what I loved is that you really encapsulated that contented feeling one gets from being thoroughly spoiled and looked after by a crew of human beings that you get to know and like. I always enjoy every one of my flights, I've had great flights on many airlines, but I can only remember having that feeling on BA.

I keep meaning to write a TR about my fantastic flight in F a couple of weeks ago, having taken umpteen pics, a one-way F redemption to SEA (great value ^) but I don't think I'll get round to it. So can I just say that the following caught my eye. The down to earth bonhomie and sense of humour of the CSD (no-one does this like BA). The sense of luxury without poshness or affectation. I expected a couple of after dinner chocs (these big 'buttons' I've been hearing about) - did not expect the entire box in my lap. Programmed to expect dessert or cheese, did not expect the entire box of biccies and cheese tray. The supernatural timing to top-up, replenish, clear away, etc. And 1A in the 747, something that will be gone forever one day. BA at its best.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 5:20 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by MrSoft
Terrific, what I loved is that you really encapsulated that contented feeling one gets from being thoroughly spoiled and looked after by a crew of human beings that you get to know and like. I always enjoy every one of my flights, I've had great flights on many airlines, but I can only remember having that feeling on BA.

I keep meaning to write a TR about my fantastic flight in F a couple of weeks ago, having taken umpteen pics, a one-way F redemption to SEA (great value ^) but I don't think I'll get round to it. So can I just say that the following caught my eye. The down to earth bonhomie and sense of humour of the CSD (no-one does this like BA). The sense of luxury without poshness or affectation. I expected a couple of after dinner chocs (these big 'buttons' I've been hearing about) - did not expect the entire box in my lap. Programmed to expect dessert or cheese, did not expect the entire box of biccies and cheese tray. The supernatural timing to top-up, replenish, clear away, etc. And 1A in the 747, something that will be gone forever one day. BA at its best.
That sounds great too.
Do get round to it though, it's so easy to do on ba.com, as easy as writing this post.

Just log on to ba.com/welldone, all you need to know is the date and flight number.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
"The hard product gets people on the plane, the soft product should be bringing them back".
+2

Couldn't agree more with this, it's why although the likes of EK have way more bling than BA I'll still be sitting on that Upper Deck!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Thank you RB211, I love this "The hard product gets people on the plane, the soft product should be bringing them back". do you mind if I use this in my briefings to crew?
Yes, you absolutely may use it in any way you see fit. Glad I can contribute.

rb211.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.