Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I didn't expect rose petals....but

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:23 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by tezzer
Cop out ! I posted a new and unrelated thread only to have it merged !

I was interested to see what response a different slant would have !
That only works when you launch a new thread exactly 24 hours after the first airing

Oh! would now be a bad time to mention had you paid for and flown in World Traveller, BA would have supplied you with a pen in the amenity kit
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HighLife
Rather than wasting your time doing this sort of thing which is bound to be sat upon by the moderators, why don't you come back and post after your return flight? I for one will be interested to read your conclusions. I won't even ask that you board with an open mind as someone who has suffered a bad experience on an outbound flight might be justified in having low expectations of the inbound... I'd be interested to know if BA manage to win you back.

If they don't then there are plenty of other airlines out there, as you know
I will, I promise !

However, there aren't that many airlines on the Uk - Kingston route, I make it 2 !
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero
Oh! would now be a bad time to mention had you paid for and flown in World Traveller, BA would have supplied you with a pen in the amenity kit
Quality !
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:26 pm
uk1
Suspended

I will, I promise !

However, there aren't that many airlines on the Uk - Kingston route, I make it 2 !
And if you do - just to give us something to look forward to - would you mind writing two versions again so that we can all choose which one we prefer to take shots at?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:27 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Prospero
That only works when you launch a new thread exactly 24 hours after the first airing

I thought the pen was only available in World Traveller Plus?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andset1191
I thought the pen was only available in World Traveller Plus?
That may explain why the WT+ fare was more than the Club World, to pay for the pens !
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
tezzer - I concur with many above. Your OP was posted in a way that seemed to ruffle a few feathers but your subsequent posts have highlighted that you are quite a humorous chap

Now, we can all learn lessons from this - not to create longstanding opinions based on (brief) first impressions

For this ray of light, please do stay here for a while - you'll see that the BA board can indeed be a wealth of similar humour, even if sometimes the people don't seem to know it themselves.

Enjoy the return flight and have a good holiday.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver
That may explain why the WT+ fare was more than the Club World, to pay for the pens !
Did they get off the flight before you too (depends on seat config)?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

No, they were held back till we were off, a nice touch, and common practice with the other airlines I fly with.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Did they get off the flight before you too (depends on seat config)?
Think that's just a mid-J 747 - Sadly LGW doesn't have any 747's
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver
No, they were held back till we were off, a nice touch, and common practice with the other airlines I fly with.
Pity, if you'd flown from LHR you could have added that to your list of complains
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Paralytic
Pity, if you'd flown from LHR you could have added that to your list of complains

Now, you see thats just the sort of comment that makes posting a chore, what did you hope to gain by it ?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: I am a lowly ant
Originally Posted by the810
While they are many bad sides of BA, staff is not one of them.
Ok.

They're mostly doing great job.
Mostly?

So the staff can be a problem then?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Now, you see thats just the sort of comment that makes posting a chore, what did you hope to gain by it ?
He's trolling for grammar Nazis...
Old Jan 22, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
The respected Jersey based flyertalk poster T8191 has also recently (Jan 12) travelled to Jamaica and back on BA and posted a trip report.......
He makes similar observations about the catering / flight and is worth a read....
tezzer....... I fly from Gatwick frequently and guess I know what to expect, (hard product reliable, too...... but service is usually very good. I would like to think that I would ask another member of cabin crew if one was unhelpful......
I also enjoy flying EK from LGW (prefer Oman air, but that means a schlep for me to LHR) but find the differing hard product on EK annoying..... particularly if I have booked a flight that has new product, then find an aircraft sub to say an A330.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.