Wiki Posts
Search

Denver to London Paris and Rome

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
Denver to London Paris and Rome

I have just enough miles for a flight from Denver to Rome RT (and a companion ticket). We want to also include Paris in our vacation. Googling around, and understanding the BA rules (I think) it seems the best way to do this is a RT Denver to Rome with a free stopover in London. Then use the stopover and a separate RT air LHR to Paris. Anyone have any additional insights?
Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by kdviner70
I have just enough miles for a flight from Denver to Rome RT (and a companion ticket). We want to also include Paris in our vacation. Googling around, and understanding the BA rules (I think) it seems the best way to do this is a RT Denver to Rome with a free stopover in London. Then use the stopover and a separate RT air LHR to Paris. Anyone have any additional insights?
Thanks in advance!
Hi kdviner70, welcome to FT!
Redemption rules have changed in November and there are no longer any free stopovers (unless you're heading to/from a UK domestic destination) as redemptions have moved to a segment based calculation (e.g. you pay for every segment you fly - the more segments you fly the more miles you need).

The easiest way to check how many miles you need is to head to the BA site and use their mileage calculator.

If you want to see both Rome and Paris, why not use your miles for 2 one-ways? Denver-Rome (via London, where you can stop if you wish to) and Paris-Denver (via London, or flying AA directly to one of the US gateways). You can easily get a paid one-way flight from Rome-Paris. If you do not stopover in London, you'll also avoid paying higher taxes.

Last edited by mzb00; Jan 15, 2012 at 10:20 am Reason: minor edits
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:30 am
Original Poster

I am a bit confused. I just used the BA Executive Club website to book (without completing the booking of course) a flight from Denver to Rome RT and it asked me if I wanted a stopover in London. I answered yes and it resulted in no more miles required than booking without a stopover. Having said that, your suggestion is a good one in either case with the possible hiccup that a companion ticket may be only good for one R/T or one OW but not two OW's.

Last edited by kdviner70; Jan 15, 2012 at 10:35 am
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:33 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I would guess that's because your option without a stop-over still has to go via London, so the segment is there anyways. It's only the Air Passenger Duty where you'd save by being in London for less than 24 hours.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Okay - that makes sense. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.