Search

BA15 LHR to SYD via SIN mini Trip Report

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2012, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Meow Mix
Originally Posted by uk1
angeloedades

Great TR .... and lovely to hear how excited you were about this adventure. Why is it that nothing makes the heart quicken than the picture of a small bottle of wine ...... and I guess you're now contemplating your upcoming Emirates 380 J?
Hi uk1,

Excited is not even a word close enough to describe how many sleepless nights I have had since printing my e-ticket receipt for the A388 on EK J!

I shall take a picture of my meal table with a bottle of wine if they would let me have it!

/AE
Old Jan 14, 2012, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crystal_cad
Thanks for sharing, nice report
Thank you crystal_cad glad that you enjoyed reading it. ^

/AE
Old Jan 14, 2012, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clearedforlanding
Interesting report, thanks for posting!

When I was in WTP last summer from Miami there was priority boarding - WTP passengers were called up after Club World. It was from an outstation so I could have just got lucky with the crew organising it I guess, or things just change. Either way - easy enough to organise and makes passengers feel 'special' so it should be done consistently in my opinion too.

Thank you for that clearedforlanding looks like the people on your gate knew how to treat the ocassional WT+ traveller!

I will be flying on Premium Economy on DJ54 from SYD to AKL in the next two weeks - hope they have a priority boarding lane.

/AE
Old Jan 14, 2012, 6:47 pm

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
Very usefull report.

Photos seem to occupy a large portion of my screen, but no issue with load time.

Personal preference would be that they are smaller, but as I have yet to post a TR, not sure how you control that.

I will try and match with a TR of LHR/HKG/MEL on a BA code share with QF in PE flown 7th Dec when I get a chance, for comparison.

well done
Old Jan 14, 2012, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by PWOZUK
Very usefull report.

Photos seem to occupy a large portion of my screen, but no issue with load time.

Personal preference would be that they are smaller, but as I have yet to post a TR, not sure how you control that.

I will try and match with a TR of LHR/HKG/MEL on a BA code share with QF in PE flown 7th Dec when I get a chance, for comparison.

well done
Hi PWOZUK

Thank you for letting me know! The way that I controlled the size of the images was directly from the source - so when I have uploaded them to my web server they were the size that is going to be displayed (if I went any smaller I was scared that the information would not be as obvious.)

Please do post your experience with your LHR - HKG - MEL with QF in Premium Economy! I would certainly like to know the service is run / what are the choices when it comes to the menu.

/AE
Old Jan 14, 2012, 7:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by angeloedades
My ticket was circa 1110 for return trip LHR to SYD via SIN on a Boeing 777

Im looking at OZ tickets currently for October, as OZ isnt included in the current sale any ideas when we might be able to see some half decent prices for later in the year on this route ?

cs
Old Jan 15, 2012, 1:18 am
uk1
Suspended

Hi uk1,

Excited is not even a word close enough to describe how many sleepless nights I have had since printing my e-ticket receipt for the A388 on EK J!

I shall take a picture of my meal table with a bottle of wine if they would let me have it!

/AE
Excellent. Make sure you do. Meantime ..... I'll see you on Finger Wharf in a couple of weeks .......
Old Jan 15, 2012, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Im looking at OZ tickets currently for October, as OZ isnt included in the current sale any ideas when we might be able to see some half decent prices for later in the year on this route ?

cs
Hi cornishsimon

I chanced my ticket when I was looking for flights around June / July - not sure whether they had a summer sale there then.

I would hunt around for the fare bucket you'd like - but remember the cheaper they are the more restrictions so make sure you read the fare conditions / rules.

Sometimes Dec / Jan are a good place to hunt around for Oz fares.

In essence what I am trying to say is - if you have an OCD like me who likes to check fares everyday - you will eventually find a cheaper one!

Also - there are other airlines that may do a cheaper fare to Oz like EK but that is just as an alternative.

Im sure our fare experts here in Flyertalk will be able to help you.

/AE
Old Jan 15, 2012, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uk1
Excellent. Make sure you do. Meantime ..... I'll see you on Finger Wharf in a couple of weeks .......
Ah! I just live further up the steps in Potts Point - is the Sydney Festival happening there?!

/AE
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:51 am
uk1
Suspended

Ah! I just live further up the steps in Potts Point - is the Sydney Festival happening there?!

/AE
You are very lucky living there ..... expecially this time of year when the UK is so cold.

We're just just coming for some "warm walking" although last year we had some very glamorous men staying who were far too glammed up to be walking around at 07:00
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by uk1
You are very lucky living there ..... expecially this time of year when the UK is so cold.

We're just just coming for some "warm walking" although last year we had some very glamorous men staying who were far too glammed up to be walking around at 07:00
Hi UK1

Always the way! Mind you I am thinking of staying here forever! only downside is that travel is too expensive!

/AE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.