Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How does one reach Executive Club / Avios in the US???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2012, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist

I've got 100,000+ miles and change from the Chase credit card deal and have been trying to use them to no avail. I've been searching for partner awards on britishairways.com, but frequently, it just lists BA-connections and fails to display partner award availability.

Example: I cannot get it to find any availability JFK-NRT on American on any date -- or any availability JFK-LHR on American on any date. Ever. I've tried hundreds of dates and many other routes. Also, I might need to combine business and economy or first or do two one-way tickets, and I don't want to do this on the website but would rather do it with a person.

When i call the US 800 number listed on the website, it hangs up on me after saying that all agents are busy. If I call the non-800 US number, I get busy signals. This has been going on for MONTHS. When I call the number in the UK at my own expense, I get on the line with agents immediately but they tell me they can't help with any US-based account.

How in the world can BA get away with this? I want to speak to an agent, check for availability because the website is often broken, and book something. Am I doing something wrong here? How do I speak to a person?????
Old Jan 12, 2012, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I invite you all to try it yourselves.

By phone Tel: 1 800 452 1201 (from the USA)
+1 718 335 7070 (outside the USA)
Fax: +1 212 251 6767
Daily 0730-2000 Eastern

I mean.. why don't they have a queue like any other legitimate company???
Old Jan 12, 2012, 4:03 pm

Thumbs up

I agree. Tried both numbers at 6pm ET. Yet they list customer service hours of 7:30am to 8pm Eastern Time.

Surprised they don't have a queuing system for phone calls. Lazy gits must be imbibing alcohol at the nearest pub to alleviate work-related symptoms.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by EchoVictor
Example: I cannot get it to find any availability JFK-NRT on American on any date -- or any availability JFK-LHR on American on any date. Ever. I've tried hundreds of dates and many other routes.
Given you're looking for availability on AA, have you considered using AA's website to search for award availability (in the lowest buckets) and then trying to book an award with BA once you've pieced together the award?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.