Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silver Card with Kids in T5 lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: EK Gold, SPG Plat, Radisson Gold, BA Silver HHonors Silver A Club, CSA Gold
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Matter of opinion and every family is different. 95% of travelling families are very happy being treated to a meal in a restaurant at an airport.
Doesn't the second sentence contradict the first?

Sorry to be pedantic, but the rest of the post makes it quite clear that the “95% of families would prefer a restaurant to a lounge“ (source of data by the way?) Is just a self serving stat to support the poster's real opinion that children are not welcome in a BA lounge. As a SCH, father of two, I find that offensive, even moreso as it comes from a BA employee.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:21 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by EuroHannibal
As a SCH, father of two, I find that offensive, even moreso as it comes from a BA employee.
SRG's posts are her own opinion. The fact she works for BA is not relevant - or does that mean she's not allowed to post her own opinions here ?!

BAH
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
As others have said, screaming children does NOT make the lounge a suitable environment for the majority of adults travelling. @:-) Of course parents absolutely adore their children (quite rightly) and they believe everybody else should feel the same. Unfortunately they often fail to see that not everybody feels as they do.
What comment is this? Who talks about screaming children? Topic done to death, but really unnecessary comments here
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by BAHumbug
SRG's posts are her own opinion. The fact she works for BA is not relevant - or does that mean she's not allowed to post her own opinions here ?!

BAH
SRG opinion on children is not new and of course I do not see her representing the official BA stance at all. I don't know however whether this helps BA's image?

It would be interesting topic for some study to see employee social media activity and impacts. In my company I have established an initial social media policy, far from perfect I am sure, knowing that people often get all too passionate and defensive own brand/company, which shows great commitment and loyalty but needs to be channeled externally.

Anyway, no harm asking at lounge but be prepared to say thank you and go to Giraffe or buy CE tickets next time! My kids also enjoy lounges and behave as most adults do, in fact I don't think they have ever not been in a lounge at an airport.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
This is hilarious reading. Honestly it is
I just can't keep my mouth shut here and I really really do my best most of the time.
The OP wanted to know if he could bring his 2 kids into the lounge
A bit of simple research and he likely would have found the answer without asking but it's a forum for info and the simple answer is as some have said.
Depends. As a silver card holder he can bring in ONE guest subject to the rules of guests. Or if his kids are travelling on a ticket which allows lounge access (appears not). Or if he can arrange for someone else to guest in one of his kids. Simple answers.
This should not be a thread about the merits of lounges, kids in lounges, yadda yadda yadda.....
We all have our opinions on lounges kids rude loud adults and the rest. if he wants to have his kids in the lounge and he can arrange it - BY THE RULES then go ahead amd bring em in ! Give him the answers he has asked for and move on people
This thread should be closed as the answers have been given.
Cheers
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
Give him the answers he has asked for and move on people
This thread should be closed as the answers have been given.
Cheers
Yes agree, sorry I just got terribly annoyed reading SRG's 'screaming children in the lounge' comment, but agree we should keep some of this stuff to the point and from history it seems not much point anyway having a lounge discussion again!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by sschwenk
I thought the executive club account is closed when members die? And I'm fairly sure BA won't allow a corpse to check in (though SRG probably knows a lot more about this...)
Unfortunately they still allow too many of them to work as cabin crew!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by jplondon
SRG opinion on children is not new and of course I do not see her representing the official BA stance at all. I don't know however whether this helps BA's image?
Helps with my perception of it! I find it refreshing that an employee (or indeed, anyone these days ) is willing to speak out against the current PC notion that family/children trump all, and that their needs must (and will) be prioritised above all others'.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: MUCCI -- What else matters?
Hi mfgr,

The official BA answer is, officially you aren't allowed to. Having said that, my personal experience was that the ladies running the lounge allowed all three of my children in even though they weren't supposed to. It seems that sunrisegirl has very strong opinions on this one, but personally I would go ahead and ask. You won't get anything unless you try, and it really doesn't hurt to ask.

Another option - I'd suggest you look at the other thread on this forum about lounge access. There are often people around who will guest folks into the lounge if pre-arranged. Post your dates up there and if they coincide with when I'm next travelling I'd be glad to guest one of your children in, as would many others.

-simon
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by SimonsMiles
Hi mfgr,

The official BA answer is, officially you aren't allowed to. Having said that, my personal experience was that the ladies running the lounge allowed all three of my children in even though they weren't supposed to. It seems that sunrisegirl has very strong opinions on this one, but personally I would go ahead and ask. You won't get anything unless you try, and it really doesn't hurt to ask.

Another option - I'd suggest you look at the other thread on this forum about lounge access. There are often people around who will guest folks into the lounge if pre-arranged. Post your dates up there and if they coincide with when I'm next travelling I'd be glad to guest one of your children in, as would many others.

-simon
The problem is that if one set of staff working the lounge bend the rules for the OP, the next time they try to enter the lounge and ask the same they could quite easily and rightly so be told no. This then brings up the " well it wasn't a problem the last time I turned up "
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by BAHumbug

BAH
Actually I think it is relevant because she makes it relevant. Her "disclaimer" says:

Code:
Views and opinions expressed are mine and not necessarily those of my employer, British Airways.
By writing this, she explicitly mentions, on every post, that she works for British Airways. Writing exactly the same disclaimer without mentioning the company by name would clearly be more than sufficient. The only reason for including the name is to say "I may not be officially speaking for BA, but I work for them so clearly my view should have more weight". This leads to her often heavy-handed tone and "laying down the law", as in the case of this thread.

-simon
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by lancefan
The problem is that if one set of staff working the lounge bend the rules for the OP, the next time they try to enter the lounge and ask the same they could quite easily and rightly so be told no. This then brings up the " well it wasn't a problem the last time I turned up "
Maybe! I'm only saying how it worked out for me - and I certainly wouldn't use "it wasn't a problem last time" if I'm getting something I know isn't strictly within the rules :-)

-simon
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
This thread is being closed as it is more or less a duplicate of the current thread on lounge access with children, and also because it contains excessive "personalising".

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.