Wiki Posts
Search

Silver Card with Kids in T5 lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
Silver Card with Kids in T5 lounges

First time i've ever flown alone with the kids (now aged 6 & 9) and we are on a return NCL-LHR-MUC routing for a skiing hol.

Does anyone know if a lounge blag would be possible at LHR so I can take them both in?

They'll just sit there on their DS things and headphones, and are as good as gold.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: Ba Bronze, AMEX Plat, CX Gold, HH Gold
Oh dear, you have not looked at the other threads yet have you.

Mick
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:30 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
This has GOT to be wind-up, surely ?

Not 4 lines down is:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...e-infants.html

BAH
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
sorry newbie!

The other thread title included the word 'infants' (Which my kids clearly are not) hence I started a new one.

I shall peruse said thread for the suggested enlightenment...
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by mfgr
First time i've ever flown alone with the kids (now aged 6 & 9) and we are on a return NCL-LHR-MUC routing for a skiing hol.

Does anyone know if a lounge blag would be possible at LHR so I can take them both in?

They'll just sit there on their DS things and headphones, and are as good as gold.
See the thread quoted by BA Humbug and the myriad of other ones you can find if you do a search. This subject has been done to death.

But the simple answer is NO. You are allowed one guest whether they're children, adults, grandparents or Dr Spock! Why not take them to Giraffe instead - kids of that age rarely enjoy lounges anyway.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:08 am

Hi

Do you ever go to the BA97 Calendar site? (the site logs when people are flying). You may be lucky and find a crossover between someone who is flying on your dates (and who can guest people into the lounge) and who is also a member here (so that you can PM them, apologise for bothering them and ask if they would, very kindly, consider guesting your little one in).

To be perfectly honest, T5 is such a good terminal that I don't think that not having lounge access there is a big issue...

Good luck.
Boo
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:12 am

Programs: I am a lowly ant
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Why not take them to Giraffe instead - kids of that age rarely enjoy lounges anyway.
Mine (4 and 9) find it delightful. Nice ham, some blue cheese, a sandwich, crisps and snacks, a choice of drinks, a bit of peace and quiet, plus a usually deserted children's area. It's a novel experience for children compared to going in a mundane chain restaurant you could find on any high street. My children always ask to go in the lounge when we get to the airport. TBH I think children are much better off in the lounge than a restaurant, there's far more space between tables and it's just a more suitable environment really.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by meester69
.............and it's just a more suitable environment really.
Matter of opinion and every family is different. 95% of travelling families are very happy being treated to a meal in a restaurant at an airport - that's a real thrill for most.

Why is it a more suitable environment? What's wrong with the airport terminal - thousands manage it without any problems.

As others have said, screaming children does NOT make the lounge a suitable environment for the majority of adults travelling. @:-) Of course parents absolutely adore their children (quite rightly) and they believe everybody else should feel the same. Unfortunately they often fail to see that not everybody feels as they do.

PS - do remember when travelling with your children in a separate cabin you won't be able to take them into a lounge with you prior to your flight.

Last edited by sunrisegirl; Jan 4, 2012 at 8:21 am
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
You are allowed one guest whether they're children, adults, grandparents or Dr Spock!
It is Mr. Spock, not Dr Spock.

And I suppose he would beam into the lounge straightaway, without the need to show his BP. Coming to think of it, he would probably not even have a BP because he would beam to whereever he wants to go and have no need of BA. Now there is a frightening thought.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Centurion, others not worth mentioning
Originally Posted by sschwenk
It is Mr. Spock, not Dr Spock.
Could be referring to the late well known paediatrician from the US rather than the pointy eared Vulcan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Spock
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by mjtoal
Could be referring to the late well known paediatrician from the US rather than the pointy eared Vulcan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Spock

I thought the executive club account is closed when members die? And I'm fairly sure BA won't allow a corpse to check in (though SRG probably knows a lot more about this...)
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by sschwenk
I thought the executive club account is closed when members die? And I'm fairly sure BA won't allow a corpse to check in (though SRG probably knows a lot more about this...)
I dunno. Some of the horrors I've seen checking in and flying in First looked as though they were more or less dead. Especially to LAX.

BAH
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by mfgr
sorry newbie!
Don't worry about it! I'm sure you will find the answer in the bowels of the other thread, but I am afraid it won't be the answer you hope for. Unfortunately there are no 3rd party Lounges at T5 either
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Matter of opinion and every family is different. 95% of travelling families are very happy being treated to a meal in a restaurant at an airport - that's a real thrill for most..
Really? What makes you think that? I agree that it might be a thrill for some, but I doubt very much whether most would regard most airport restaurants as anything close to a 'thrill'.

Why is it a more suitable environment?
Because the lounge has a dedicated kids area? It's designed to be more suitable - it's a feature that BA took the trouble and expense of putting there.

What's wrong with the airport terminal - thousands manage it without any problems..
He didn't say there was anything wrong with the terminal. He simply said that the lounge was more suitable for him. If he says it's more suitable for him (and he has experienced the alternatives, which we need to assume that he has) then I don't see how this can be up for debate.

As others have said, screaming children does NOT make the lounge a suitable environment for the majority of adults travelling. @:-) Of course parents absolutely adore their children (quite rightly) and they believe everybody else should feel the same. Unfortunately they often fail to see that not everybody feels as they do..
I really can't believe you posted this. You know nothing about the OP and the behaviour of his children. This is nothing but a useless sterotype and adds nothing whatsoever to this conversation.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:20 am

PS - do remember when travelling with your children in a separate cabin you won't be able to take them into a lounge with you prior to your flight.
^

PS - agree with your sentiments re children on the other thread, too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.