Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redeposit fee for HOTEL booked with Avios?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2012, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Redeposit fee for HOTEL booked with Avios?

If I book a hotel with Avios points and end up canceling my trip, anyone know what fee I pay (if any) to redeposit those points? I searched this forum but only found details of redeposit costs associated with flights, not with hotels.

[As a sidenote, I'm a total newb and so I'm always reluctant to ask questions that have already been answered but I really struggle to use the FT search capabilities. For example, in an effort to avoid asking this question I searched for: Avios hotel redeposit in this forum and got zero results. Then I searched for hotel redeposit and got zero results. Then I searched for: redeposit and got a bunch of results so I looked at the first result which was the "Help for your ba.com issues" thread. I thought that would be perfect, but I can't see any way to see where "redeposit" is featured in the thread. Moreover, skimming the thread proves difficult when it's 95 pages long. I'm pretty web savvy, is there just something I'm doing wrong? Thanks very much in advance for answers to either or both my main question or this search question!]
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:19 am
Original Poster

In case anyone else is interested, I just waited on hold for 20 minutes with the N. American call center to ask the Executive Club folks this same question. When I finally got through the CSR couldn't find the answer and had to put me on hold to go find a manager. Was on hold for 10 more minutes as they tried to figure it out.

The verdict:
Within 3 days of check in, you forfeit the points.
If cancel online, $40.
If call them and cancel, $60.

If all of this information is on ba.com, I wasn't able to find it (did see info on the $40 but none of the other stuff)...
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Welcome. I guess most people on the forum post about using Avios for flights rather than hotels, so it may well be that your question hadn't been answered. I tried a dummy booking as I guessed the terms and conditions must be there somewhere, and indeed at stage 3/6 ("Price") it had the following under a "Policies" button

Changing your booking: You will not be able to change your booking when it has been confirmed. You will be able to cancel your booking, for a fee, and make a new booking. However, we cannot guarantee that the same hotel room or car rental option will still be available.

Cancelling your booking: Cancellations made outside of 72 hours to travel will not be charged a supplier fee but you will be charged a cancellation fee of £25 or local equivalent. Cancellations made within 72 hours to travel will be charged 100% of the booking value and no refund will be made. Failure to cancel prior to scheduled check-in time will be considered a no-show and will not be eligible for refund. There will be no refund for unused services or early check-out.

Cancellation fees: In addition to the hotel cancellation policy described below, there will be an additional fee equivalent to £15 for any cancellations made by an agent over the phone. Cancellations made online are only subject to applicable supplier cancellation fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.