Paid upgrade CW to F

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2012, 2:47 pm
formerly known as lady1964
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Paid upgrade CW to F

Hi All,
I've seen some chat on here about paid upgrade offers at OLCI from CW to F for about £399 per seat.
With that in mind, I've been checking MMB and our flight to PEK on 4/1 is showing lots of available CW seats (we're booked in CW). I just went on to Expedia.com and put our flight in and it's also showing about 6 F class seats as available.
As this flight is our 'move life' flight, I was thinking it would be lovely to treat ourselves to F on this occasion if it were possible.
Can anyone check if there are still F seats available and advise if a paid upgrade to F might be possible when we OLCI tomorrow afternoon please?
Much appreciated, thank you
Lady1964
Old Jan 2, 2012, 2:55 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
The flight appears to be wide open according to KVS

Code:
[KVS Availability Tool 6.8.1/Diamond - Sabre: Availability/FS/US]

LHR  London Heathrow UK [EGLL]
PEK  Beijing Capital CN [ZBAA]
WED  04 Jan 2012

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -----------------------------------------------------------------
BA         39      LHR   16:40     PEK   10:25     744      F9 A9 C9 D9 R9 I9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 Q9 G9 J9 W9 E9 T9 N9 O9
However, whether you will be offered an option to POU (at OLCI or otherwise) or airport paid upgrade or not would depend on whether BA picks that flight for POU or airport upgrade or not, according to what I have been told by a reservation/CS agent who seemed to know what she was talking about because what she said about my flight turned out to be completely correct. Even if there is no POU offered at OLCI, it does not mean you may not be offered an airport upgrade, as was the case with my recent flight.

Just to add, the booking situation for my recent flight looked very similar to your PEK flight, although it was for a different route. However, the offer is by no means "automatic subject to availability", so I recommend not having your hopes up too much in case you get disappointed.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, I'm more than happy to be travelling in CW so I won't get my hopes up, it just crossed my mind because there's been mention or two on here about these paid upgrades and curiosity got the better of me
Old Jan 2, 2012, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
IIRC the £399 price is for US/Middle East. PEK will probably be in the £499 bracket if offered.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
IIRC the £399 price is for US/Middle East. PEK will probably be in the £499 bracket if offered.
At least some Far East routes are £399. I believe some might be £449 though.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
If you have not seen any offers at OLCI, it is still worth asking at check in.

Have a good trip!
Old Jan 2, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2mm; UA 1k;
Yes we recently asked at check-in for BOS_LHR and were offered upgrade for $400 for WT+ to club, which was not offered during online checkin or even mentioned by agent until we asked.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 3:59 pm

Programs: VA Gold, BA Silver
Just got offered a deal of £200 to upgrade LHR - BLR to first from CW at OLCI, was very tempting.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: BA gold
I was quoted £399 for LHR-SIN at NCL when availability went to zero while the check-in clerk tried to process the upgrade. And that was on a £1000 special offer CW ticket.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 4:51 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Interesting. Back in the Summer, ex HKG, I was flying in J and got offered a paid u/g for $12000, which is approx a grand sterling give or take. This was from a very well presented chap armed with an Ipad and slick presentation skills working the check in lines. I declined.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Cubiscus
Just got offered a deal of £200 to upgrade LHR - BLR to first from CW at OLCI, was very tempting.
Very good price ^
Old Jan 3, 2012, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
If you have not seen any offers at OLCI, it is still worth asking at check in.

Have a good trip!
Thank you for your good wishes, we're moving to live in Beijing so it's a special flight for us.

Sadly, no offers at OLCI but there are worse cabins to fly in than CW so it's still all good
Old Jan 3, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Ask at the customer information desk in T5 airside. As the flight is near closing and no show seats become available you might get lucky.

That happened to me recently going to CAI. Nothing available at check in. On way to gate I asked and there was availability.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by MarkLHR
Ask at the customer information desk in T5 airside. As the flight is near closing and no show seats become available you might get lucky.

That happened to me recently going to CAI. Nothing available at check in. On way to gate I asked and there was availability.
It Lady1964 is still landside, it's better to ask at the Zone E CS/Res desk for CW and upgrade landside. If she manages to get upgraded, she can then have the 'full experience' of walking into the CCR 'upstairs'
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:45 am

Programs: VA Gold, BA Silver
Very good price ^
Worth noing that first looked pretty deserted as it usually is on that flight, might be why.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.