Tesco and BA - 2012 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:57 am
k3v

Originally Posted by Kezza25
I'd be interested in details please.
for reference.
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb

If you have a big stash, to convert then waiting for the other offer looks better as this only applies to the tesco points earnt in the current quarter, i think.

Part T&C
This offer allows you to collect a bonus of 400 Avios for every £2.50 Tesco Clubcard vouchers exchanged, if you select to automatically opt in for the BA Executive Club Avios scheme. This means any Tesco Clubcard points you collect during the statement period are automatically converted into Avios and added to your Executive Club account, throughout the promotional period.
The promotional period is: 16 November 2011 to 20 January 2012. To opt in to the BA Executive Club Avios scheme, simply go tesco.com and select the option to automatically opt into the BA Executive Club Avios scheme.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Ok I'm confused as to whether I can get a few extra 2,000 avios a quarter or not.

I have both a BAEc and an Avios.com account. BAEC account been actively used and have transferred over from tesco in the past.

Avios.com has 7K odd in it, they came over from airmiles. I am unsure if I have collected any airmiles in the last 12 months, avios.com doesn't give you any historic airmiles statements. i have never transferred from any of the 4 possible partners into airmiles.

Am I eligible ?
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by tangey
Ok I'm confused as to whether I can get a few extra 2,000 avios a quarter or not.

I have both a BAEc and an Avios.com account. BAEC account been actively used and have transferred over from tesco in the past.

Avios.com has 7K odd in it, they came over from airmiles. I am unsure if I have collected any airmiles in the last 12 months, avios.com doesn't give you any historic airmiles statements. i have never transferred from any of the 4 possible partners into airmiles.

Am I eligible ?
Surely Shirley you need to find out whether this applies to your account: "You can take part in this promotion as long as you are an Avios member who has collected one Airmile/Avios in the 12 months before 1 December 2011. "
Old Jan 4, 2012, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
From MSE today:

4 mths DVD rental AND 1,000 Tesco pts for £13

The deal. New customers who trial Tesco DVD rental for four months (total cost £13), can get an extra 1,000 Clubcard points, worth up to £40.

You cannot have already had a Tesco, Lovefilm or Lovefilm-powered subscription (eg, Odeon Direct or Sofa Cinema).

How to get it. Enter code TESDEC when you sign up* for a 30-day free Tesco DVD rental trial before 31 Jan.

Continue beyond the free trial, and you'll get 1,000 Clubcard points after your third monthly payment.

The free 30 day trial is valid on any Tesco subscription package but if you're doing this primarily for the points, the cheapest option is the £4.47/month two discs per month package (£13.41 for three months). For this you get two DVDs per month, but you can only have one at home at a time.

How good is this? If you would spend on items available in the Tesco Rewards brochure anyway (days out, meals etc), this is a cracking deal. As the points are worth up to £40 in Rewards and as the rental costs £13 you could end up effectively £27 in profit.

Only in it for the points? Remember to cancel. The minimum number of payments to get the extra points is three, so if you don't want to continue ensure you cancel after that.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 2:27 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Also this offer for first time Clubcard/avios changers like me.

Start collecting Avios with Tesco

If you haven’t exchanged your Tesco Clubcard vouchers into Avios in the last 12 months you may be eligible to collect a quarterly bonus of 2,000 Avios.

From 1 December 2011, collect at least the minimum amount of 1,500 Avios with Tesco every quarter and you can qualify for 2,000 bonus Avios. That means you can collect an extra 8,000 Avios across the year.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 2:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, A|Club, Tesco CC, Costa Coffee Club
Originally Posted by Raffles
From MSE today:
...the cheapest option is the £4.47/month two discs per month package (£13.41 for three months).
And the Avios maths:

Looks like the 1000 CC points will credit far too late to hit the February bonus (1:4) conversion rate to Avios. Therefore for those of us on the standard rate (1:2.4) this offer equates to 2400 Avios for £13.41, = 0.56p per Avios.

Not bad - I might sign up.

Thanks Raffles.

Last edited by larryflyer; Jan 4, 2012 at 2:31 am Reason: spelling
Old Jan 4, 2012, 4:48 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
New Credit Card Promotion

Hello,

Just wondering if there is any speculation as to what the next Tesco Clubcard Credit Card offer will be, as the currently uninspiring offer of "Win back the cost of christmas" is ending tomorrow.

10,000 free clubcard points maybe?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, IHG Plat, HH Gold.
I must admit the vagueness of the CC scheme at times drives me nuts. I recycled 3 separate phones recently. 2 lots of points appeared immediately but not the 3rd. I contacted Tesco Mobile recycle and they say the points may take up to THREE MONTHS to credit!

JAT
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
Call the recycler again and ask them to re-check that they indeed processed the points to Clubcard.

I had a similar situation - 4 phones: clubcard points in account within a week. 5th phone (which they 1st said was damaged and offered lower amount of points - but then I asked them to re-test phone, and it was just fine and got all points) clubcard points did not appear after 2 weeks, although I got the confirming email from the recycler it had been "paid".

When I asked the recycler to re-check, after being on hold a few minutes, they confirmed they had not processed the order to Tesco - a day later the points were in my Clubcard account.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
http://www.tescobank.com/personal/fi...rds/index.html

And the offer is.......

There is no offer
Old Jan 6, 2012, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by stewaran
Also this offer for first time Clubcard/avios changers like me.

Start collecting Avios with Tesco

If you haven’t exchanged your Tesco Clubcard vouchers into Avios in the last 12 months you may be eligible to collect a quarterly bonus of 2,000 Avios.

From 1 December 2011, collect at least the minimum amount of 1,500 Avios with Tesco every quarter and you can qualify for 2,000 bonus Avios. That means you can collect an extra 8,000 Avios across the year.
Hi I am a newbie to all of this but I have been saving up my clubcard points in anticipation of the Avios promotion.

Can you tell me where there is a link for this specific promotion as I have never converted to Avios or BA for that matter.

I have only just started to look at using the the points for flights as most of it previously was used on Goldsmiths.

Any help greatly appreciated

Last edited by NewbieFlyer121; Jan 6, 2012 at 2:21 am Reason: For clarity
Old Jan 6, 2012, 2:21 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by NewbieFlyer121
Hi I am a newbie to all of this but I have been saving up my clubcard points in anticipation of the Avios promotion.

Can you tell me where there is a link for this specific promotion as I have never converted to Avios or BA for that matter.

I have only just started to look at using the the points for flights as most of it previously was used on Goldsmiths.

Any help greatly appreciated
I pasted this off the Ba website, but cant find it now!!
Old Jan 6, 2012, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by NewbieFlyer121
Assuming that this is the Air Miles / Avios promotion, then it is only open to people who a) did not transfer to Tesco in 2011 AND b) DID earn Air Miles some other way in 2011. So if you have just joined Air Miles / Avios then you won't qualify.

However, not to worry. You are still OK for the big February transfer bonus, which will earn you 1,000 Avios for every £2.50 of vouchers instead of the usual 600.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Assuming that this is the Air Miles / Avios promotion, then it is only open to people who a) did not transfer to Tesco in 2011 AND b) DID earn Air Miles some other way in 2011. So if you have just joined Air Miles / Avios then you won't qualify.

However, not to worry. You are still OK for the big February transfer bonus, which will earn you 1,000 Avios for every £2.50 of vouchers instead of the usual 600.
Ok Thanks for that. I just didn't want to find out that I had missed an opportunity to maximise more miles!
Old Jan 6, 2012, 3:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Tesco Broadband and 5000 Clubcard points

I couldn't see this posted but 5000 CC points for taking out a Tesco Broadband contract (12-18 months)

Looks like a reasonable deal although YMMV. Offer ends 31st March.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.