Wiki Posts
Search

Why Do You Fly BA?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: AARP
Ditto

Originally Posted by tondoleo
So I can use the 241 certificate earned on the Chase BA Visa.
And, since points for flights originating in North America were devalued, when they're gone...so am I. Good plan, BA.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 4:58 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Honestly I vowed to leave - I did honestly. The Mods are brilliant.

I fly Ba because I have little choice as an Airbourne Angel ( )

Seriously. We will never ever please everybody - but you know we are pretty reliable.

What saddens me is when I read here about bad service and rudeness from colleagues and I work so hard to try and make sure that we have as near 100% happy People as we can. It's not much for the passengers to ask. They pay a lot of money and they have choices - I cannot create caviar out of the stuff that they give me to serve - but let le tell you something.

If you make each and every passenger ( as far as language will allow) to feel that they are the person that you most wanted to have aboard that day - you can do almost anything.

I despair of seats where things do not work - food that frankly I would stuff up the Chief Chef's bottom where it not so pleasurable for him (God I am letting my hair down) and yet I think that if we really are upfront and honest with people and deliver everything truthfully - to the best of our belief an knowledge - they will not be too disappointed.

It is those that fail that drive me to want to leave here and and retire. I have been flying before many of you here were born and I have watched the whole thing cheapen. What I will never ever do until I fly no more is let you feel unwelcome or anything less than someone who matters. That - and get you out if we come to grief - is my job.

I am proud to be part of one of the better world airlines - I might add that I think that our pilots are second to none. Seriously if things go wrong you would not be in better hands.

Right! It is 8.00pm and my carriage awaits. A Happy New Year to you all and may God bless you.

Pucci Galore
CSD and Gin Sodden Old BAAg
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Smile

Well said and happy new year. I hold out hope of ending up on one of your flights one day.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I am proud to be part of one of the better world airlines - I might add that I think that our pilots are second to none. Seriously if things go wrong you would not be in better hands.
And it is precisely for these reasons why I keep coming back for more. Perhaps I have had better luck than most, as the vast majority of flights I have taken over the years have been staffed by people who do care about their customers and are as equally proud as you to provide the service they have done.

Don't lose heart, I really do believe there are more staff who do care, whether they be flying crew, engineers, baggage handling or any other member of the company who keep the thing going.

2012, the year of the Dragon, could be a great one! A very Happy New Year to one and all.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 7:17 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
BA

Originally Posted by ricski64
always had pleasant experiences flying them and have never had lost luggage. ^
Funny, the only times ( twice) I have lost luggage is on BA J class!

To be diplomatic, the follow ups on my bags took FIVE days......only I called, they never did. !
Old Dec 31, 2011, 8:04 pm

Programs: BA/AA/UA
I have been flying before many of you here were born and I have watched the whole thing cheapen. What I will never ever do until I fly no more is let you feel unwelcome or anything less than someone who matters. That - and get you out if we come to grief - is my job.
The whole world seems to have cheapened... how else could it be otherwise, what with seven billion humans now infesting the planet? But those few--such as you--who maintain the highest standards against all odds make it that much more bearable for everyone ^
Old Dec 31, 2011, 8:08 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
BA love rest ? !

Honestly I vowed to leave - I did honestly. The Mods are brilliant.

I fly Ba because I have little choice as an Airbourne Angel ( )

Seriously. We will never ever please everybody - but you know we are pretty reliable.

What saddens me is when I read here about bad service and rudeness from colleagues and I work so hard to try and make sure that we have as near 100% happy People as we can. It's not much for the passengers to ask. They pay a lot of money and they have choices - I cannot create caviar out of the stuff that they give me to serve - but let le tell you something.

If you make each and every passenger ( as far as language will allow) to feel that they are the person that you most wanted to have aboard that day - you can do almost anything.

I despair of seats where things do not work - food that frankly I would stuff up the Chief Chef's bottom where it not so pleasurable for him (God I am letting my hair down) and yet I think that if we really are upfront and honest with people and deliver everything truthfully - to the best of our belief an knowledge - they will not be too disappointed.

It is those that fail that drive me to want to leave here and and retire. I have been flying before many of you here were born and I have watched the whole thing cheapen. What I will never ever do until I fly no more is let you feel unwelcome or anything less than someone who matters. That - and get you out if we come to grief - is my job.

Right! It is 8.00pm and my carriage awaits. A Happy New Year to you all and may God bless you.

Pucci Galore
CSD and Gin Sodden Old BAAg
Lways good to see an employee of your caliber.

To have you understand, I harken back to days of the Comet IV. matter of fact I actually saw one land at the wrong airport in Mumbai, then called Bombay.Then it was called BOAC. Remember?

However I must relate to the last three R / T ORD -BOM. Two in J and one in First.

All three were disappointing....one was mediocre, two were outright below par.

I understand you don't cook the food, but your colleagues can serve it properly? don't be my mother, but don't treat me like an afterthought....be respectful, I just made your paycheck possible.

I write this lest BA management reads all the love letters and let it get to their heads. !
Old Jan 1, 2012, 12:39 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
I fly BA because
(1) they have flat beds

(2) they serve my first G&T in record time post takeoff --- and I mean this -- I've timed it in J on over 20 airlines and none can beat your typical BA CC on this

(3) they let me stopover in London, which is where I grew up

(4) As with most iconic British brands I expect they will soon be Indian owned and I like the idea of an Indian airline called British Airways
Old Jan 1, 2012, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by rathin100

(4) As with most iconic British brands I expect they will soon be Indian owned and I like the idea of an Indian airline called British Airways
Everything is being owned by either China or India, so it could be Chinese airline called British Airways.

Happy New Year everyone.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
What I will never ever do until I fly no more is let you feel unwelcome or anything less than someone who matters. That - and get you out if we come to grief - is my job.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Never mind the op-up lottery; the real lottery is won if one boards and finds PUCCI GALORE as one's CSD.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 5:29 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
I fly BA as I live near London and it saves me the hassle of going via another airlines hub city!

Do I think their service beats other airlines in J and F, no, but they have a very solid product! I have done a number of Stateside trips recently and I am always booked in J, I have to head to the office after we have landed (via the arrivals lounge for a shower) so I tend not to eat on board on night flights.

For me speed of service is important and getting everyone settled and cabin lights off is most important thing (even with an eyemask its hard to sleep with bright lights and trolleys!)

ORD LHR recently has been hit and miss with speed of service, i'm heading back to ORD next week and am hoping for an improvement on the nightflight home or I will seriously have to look at other options!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 4:56 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Everything is being owned by either China or India, so it could be Chinese airline called British Airways.

Happy New Year everyone.
The Brits have a special relationhip with things Indian and vice versa... the best British food today can be got in the Clubs of India (Kedgeree and kippers, Beef Wellington, Gooseberry fool, Cabinet puddiing, anyone? Get thee to the Bengal club in Ca,kcutta or the Willingdon in Bombay ) The only hotels outside Britain where a jar of marmite is standard at breakfast, with suitably appalling sliced white bread -- also India. Likewise the puzzling mutual fondness for bland mushy peas and flavoured crisps. And destroying perfectly good tea ( orignially Chinese but modified beyond recognition by these two great cultures) with loads of milk and sugar.

The best Indian food from any region of India is in my view obtainable in London -- not Delhi Bombay or Calcutta. Not to mention a unqiuely British, ""Indian"" cuisine. Which BA serves to perfection

Its a difficult special relationship to beat and BA would so beautifully epitomise it!

Last edited by rathin100; Jan 4, 2012 at 5:02 am
Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Quite separate from the luxurious aspect to most posters here, I fly BA primarily because on my usual route for business, BA are the cheapest. I almost always fly economy.

Having reached that point, I fly BA for leisure because - having factored in costs other than the headline rate - they are still either the cheapest, or are close enough to justify the additional few pounds in order to maintain my Silver card.

I'll pay a bit more to fly BA purely for that Silver card, but not a great deal more. Despite the teasing I get from my gf at always starting a search for flights at ba.com, if status wasn't an aspect I doubt I would be so loyal. Avios aren't worth that much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.