Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strange 777 seating

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue
Originally Posted by mikey2124
Not to worry! Best seats are the window/aisle pairs, I would choose these. F may open up at T-72 or T-24 and by then LGW will be all NF, promise!

God knows how they shift the seats... it confuses me too! For my flight to EWR next February, they had put us in 10K, 11A and 11K... we are a group of 3 on the same PNR- it is strange! Only two of us have a window seat as our preference too! We have got 10ABD- I haven't tried an aisle in CW for years so it will be nice to try something different.
A swift teleconference between the two couples this evening resulted in us all getting our seats reallocated using MMB to be together in window and aisle pairs next to each other for both outbound and return flights.

As to whether the 1st cabin will be used to accomodate excess CW passengers - well time will tell but late April is hardly peak season in the Carribean and so we will see, but if it is old F with CW service and food then I might just stick with my CW seat anyway.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:22 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Speedbird676
The F seats are saleable as Club so you need to hope some more people book!

Not sure exactly how things work at LGW but when the flight opens for check-in if there are more than 48 Club passengers you will more than likely be able to select an F seat as that cabin will also be opened up.

On the day, or when the flight closes if there are less than 48 Club passengers accepted it will probably be closed again and all passengers re-accommodated in the main Club cabin. This prevents the First cabin being used needlessly and makes the service much easier for the cabin crew having everybody in the same cabin section.
Yes someone posted this exact thing about a month ago. Originally in first row of J in AB seats, then F opened up so they picked two seats in F, then F closed and they were bumped back into J in a middle pair
Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
This Does make me chuckle, BA switch a 3 class aircraft for a 4 class with some time to spare before the flight, could they simply not try and sell F on this flight ?

How about opening F up for redemptions or miles upgrades ?

Seems a total waste to have a 4 class bird on a 3 class route, especially as has been happening recently having a NF fitted 772 operating a 3 class gatters route !!

cs
Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:47 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
They could always do what QF does when operating a 4-class on a 3-class route - allocate the F cabin for elites (OWE/OWS), and the J cabin for the riff-raff (it is easier on a 747 though).

Dave
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
This Does make me chuckle, BA switch a 3 class aircraft for a 4 class with some time to spare before the flight, could they simply not try and sell F on this flight ?

How about opening F up for redemptions or miles upgrades ?

Seems a total waste to have a 4 class bird on a 3 class route, especially as has been happening recently having a NF fitted 772 operating a 3 class gatters route !!

cs
Too expensive. Even if they could sell, say, 2-4 seats, they'd have to load catering for F, crew for F, and tons of other operational expenses associated with running an F cabin.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 2:50 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by thadocta
They could always do what QF does when operating a 4-class on a 3-class route - allocate the F cabin for elites (OWE/OWS), and the J cabin for the riff-raff (it is easier on a 747 though).

Dave
This is what usually happens if Club is oversold on the day.

On a recent flight to DEN it was operated by a 4-class bird and mid-flight there was a problem with the IFE in Club for all the A&B seats. They were all moved into the closed NF cabin. Unfortunately for me I was in a D seat and IFE worked throughout

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.