Wiki Posts
Search

Tier points for not flying?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2011, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Question Tier points for not flying?

I made a group booking last month for a bunch of people travelling in ET from LHR to Germany.

One of the group, a Silver, was unable to travel and so never checked-in, never went to the airport etc - and I didnt cancel his ticket as it was too much hassle for the small % of taxes and charges I could have claimed back. It was a cheap non-flexible ticket anyway.

He asked me if he'd still get his TPs for the flight, and I said "No way. If you don't get on the aircraft, you'll get nothing."

Today he emailed me to say he'd been credited with 10TPs for the outbound, and 10 for the return.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. How?!?!

Was he just plane lucky (pardon the terrible pun), or has BA changed its ways? The other 3 non-status passengers on his booking all flew. It was just he who didn't.

Last edited by 747_not_777; Dec 5, 2011 at 1:59 pm Reason: speller
Old Dec 5, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Pure luck. It used to happen on the odd occasion.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Happened to me, I got the TPs, then a month or so later, they were removed.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
As others say, it can (or used to) happen once in a while. In my case it occurred once back in 2005, though I also remember back in 2001 getting a couple of op-ups on QF and getting the TP for the upgraded class as well. Neither time did it make any difference to my qualifying or not qualifying for status for the following year so my "benefit" was a few extra miles.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: ABBA
I had points and miles credited once for a flight which I changed (fully flexible) with about 16 hours to go.

They were removed silently a few days later (not a -ve number, removed like they never existed).

On the other hand I failed to turn up for a flight after I'd OLCI last month, didn't get any points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.