Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Anyone tried World Traveller on the new 777-300

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone done a journey on the new economy seat on 777-300?
Better or worse than the old one?
Looks a little shapeless to me.

M
Old Dec 4, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Only at the BA open day at LHR in the summer - the cabin looked very smart, but let's be honest - a Y seat is still a Y seat. It'll get you there, but it's not going to win an award for comfort.

Still, I'd chose if over a tired older Y seat on one of the older birds.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I have never sat in one long enough to be able to decide, but all the customers I have asked say that they are more comfortable and feel like they have more legroom.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I have never sat in one long enough to be able to decide, but all the customers I have asked say that they are more comfortable and feel like they have more legroom.
No reports of numb bums?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by HIDDY
No reports of numb bums?
I have no direct experience of the new WT in 777-300, but I did go in the new WT+ LHR-NRT recently. It may give a hint. Maybe.

For daytime TATL fligth of around 7-8h or so, the WT+ seat would be quite comfortable, as you probably won't sleep anyway. For another 4 hours (as in my case), not so much. I can't imagine what it would be in WT.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: Too many...
I flew to JFK in new WT in early October. Not half as good as the seats I have managed to get used to in the last few years but compared to what I can remember of the old WT seat it was like night and day in terms of comfort. Having at seat power helps too!
Old Dec 4, 2011, 3:44 pm

In all the ones i have sat on recently the old WT seats have got little padding left at the sides of your back - you can almost feel the metal frame of the seat and on one flight the material was threadbare and the foam was coming through one of the ears : ( not great
Old Dec 4, 2011, 3:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
A part from the seat you get the new IFE with a much higher resolution and bigger screen than old WT...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.