Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Would You Like to Talk to Special Services?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum

Upon checking in today at F in LHR T5 there was a note in my record to call Special Services. The check-in agent called them. Apparently they just wanted to meet me and chat to see if I was "happy". I said the chat was not needed. First time for me.

Two of the check-in people then assured me that things were really changing at BA and there was going to be significant changes. I smiled.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
I think the NA membership base has already experienced the fact that things are really changing...

Hope you have / had a good flight.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 3:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad

Two of the check-in people then assured me that things were really changing at BA and there was going to be significant changes. I smiled.
Maybe they are going to get a dedicated F security and F "bus" for Gate A10
Old Dec 4, 2011, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

this has happened for me a couple of times when travelling F ex LHR. I am just a GGL so assume there were very few properly important people traveling that day.

Didn't take up the offer as I couldn't think of anything they could actually do for me.

Special services or similar can be more visible at outstations especially India.

Last edited by Swanhunter; Dec 4, 2011 at 4:19 am
Old Dec 4, 2011, 4:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Me too out of Gatwick, and I was only going CE. In my case she magically appeared at the lounge - very chic and glamorous, in smart suit with an eye catching scarf, and the faintest whiff of Chanel No. 5. Asked me if everything was OK and then just slipped away....
Old Dec 4, 2011, 4:20 am
Ambassador

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
In my case she magically appeared at the lounge - very chic and glamorous, in smart suit with an eye catching scarf, and the faintest whiff of Chanel No. 5. Asked me if everything was OK and then just slipped away....
Are you are it wasn't a chance meeting with SRG?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Me too out of Gatwick, and I was only going CE. In my case she magically appeared at the lounge - very chic and glamorous, in smart suit with an eye catching scarf, and the faintest whiff of Chanel No. 5. Asked me if everything was OK and then just slipped away....
A friend of mine experienced something similar in a hotel room in Riga...

Palmer
Old Dec 4, 2011, 4:39 am

Programs: BA Gold GGL, Hilton Diamond, FB Grey, Amex MR, Trop Plus Gold
Originally Posted by Palmer
I think that's a different kind of 'Special Service'. At LHR, they don't insist on you leaving your money on the dresser.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 4:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

Palmer
Well I'm normally ride the other Airbus, but even I was bewitched.

Talking of hotels: a few months ago a senior/older male colleague and I were staying at the Conrad in Istanbul. I had been given a room on a high floor, he was on something like flooor 5 - and he knows about my proclivities. We had been out for dinner and came back to the Conrad quite late. As we walked into the lift, a rather mature lady of the night swept (rolled?) into the lift - and it was quite clear her game plan. My colleague smirked massively as we rode to floor 5, he got out (to her evident consternation) and I could hear him laughing like a drain down his corridor, while I had a "difficult conversation" with my new friend....
Old Dec 4, 2011, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond

Palmer
Dubai is apparently on a par with Riga (so I am reliably informed anyway)
Old Dec 4, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
this has happened for me a couple of times when travelling F ex LHR. I am just a GGL so assume there were very few properly important people traveling that day.

Didn't take up the offer as I couldn't think of anything they could actually do for me.

Special services or similar can be more visible at outstations especially India.
Has happened to me too. I have to confess to using them to "help" me to the front of Fast Track on particularly lengthy days
Old Dec 4, 2011, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Lolbert
Has happened to me too. I have to confess to using them to "help" me to the front of Fast Track on particularly lengthy days
Well we once skipped the exit immigration queues at EZE by using my wife's Consulate ID. Saved us all of five minutes queuing amongst the normal people.
Haven't used it since.....because she was told she didn't really qualify for using the diplomatic channel but as it was quiet the kind lady was prepared to make an exception.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Gold, Eurostar CB, FB Explorer
This happened to me at LGW

(in Oct 2011) - First time at Gatwick as a Gold, when I got to Galleries 1st, the nice lady on the lounge door saw the note - then a Special Services lady appeared, gave me her/their mobile number, and said to ring it if I had any problems at Gatwick. Very nice.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA LT Gold, HH Diamond
Seems to happen to me every so often for no discernible reason, though I suspect it has more to do with the company for whom I work than me personally. The most memorable occasion was when Mrs Rotorhead and I were flying CW to SIN (on a freebie "apology" ticket.. but that's another story) and we were asked if we would mind waiting a moment at check in as SS wanted to talk to us. All they wanted to say was sorry that they couldn't UG us to F!! As these were absolutely free tickets I had no expectations whatsoever that we should be and mumbled that this was fine and not to worry. A bit later I was called over to the desk in the lounge and handed BPs for 4E/F - Still don't understand it, but not complaining.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.