Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

US Members: What can I relay to BA for you in person tomorrow?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Members: What can I relay to BA for you in person tomorrow?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: Hilton Silver;Hertz Gold 5*;National Exec Elite;BA Bronze;AA-PLT
Originally Posted by petemitchell
It turns out we share the same "home" airport, although mine is temporarily FRA. I have but a few recommendations:

Refresh the PHX lounge. It's not bad, but a bit of an upgrade would be nice.
Offer Sleeper Service for PHX-LHR.
Add car service for J and F passengers (a la Emirate's Chauffeur-drive)

Thanks!
Also PHX based - ^^ on the sleeper service PHX-LHR, especially in the winter months when departure is 21:10! Snuggling into 64K and sleeping until the bacon rolls come around is my primary goal
Old Nov 22, 2011, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Frankly we are fortunate in London as I do not think that there are many TATL day flight Eastbound to other cities in Europe ...
Other cities further east in Europe present timetable problems.

BA178 currently departs JFK at 0830, which already makes for a pretty early start that day. Even then, it doesn't arrive at LHR until 2015 (scheduled duration 6:45), and there are few sensible and valid connections that can then be made.

But if a flight were to depart from JFK at 0830 for FRA, with a scheduled duration of say, 7:45), this wouldn't arrive at FRA until 2215 (6 hour time zone difference). By then, I think there are virtually no connections that can be made at FRA.

Durations to PAR aren't much different, and AMS is only fractionally shorter, so you'd get the same sort of problems there.

It's worse if you operate a 767 or a 340.

This may be one of the reasons why London is fortunate to have a handful of daylight eastbounds.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by A P Yu
Because you're connecting on to Paris from T5 and fancy a proper breakfast
So you use the lounge at T5...

Anyway. Can you ask them to please, please, please stop those ludicrous Chase promotions? It really lowers the FlyerTalk experience.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Can you ask them to please, please, please stop those ludicrous Chase promotions? It really lowers the FlyerTalk experience.
While they're about it, can BA PLEASE dump Tesco; that REALLY lowers the tone of the place.

Edited to add : now I think I it, I finally see convergence; over the last few years, BA has acquired the honesty in advertising of Tesco. Ahhh, everything is beginning to fall into place.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: FT
nothing that has already been noted in the other threads about the devaluation by BritishAir.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by rajuabju
Please ask if there is a single international route from the west coast of the US which has gone down (or not significantly changed) in miles needed.
Can you ask, in a less charged way, for an overall assessment of BAEC/Avios value to US west coast residents, before and after the change? Other than ultra-shorthaul redemptions I'm not seeing it any more -- not on BA metal, not on partners a/k/a CX to Asia and Oz, etc. Was this the intent?

Originally Posted by bernardd
Why should customers trust a supplier that throws it's own T's & C's away when it suits them?
It's the opacity that degrades trust actually. Do they not see the downside of not publishing an awards chart we can all point to? I am much more suspicious of the ask-the-oracle ("calculator") model.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 9:36 am

Determining which mileage band for award tickets should be the sum of the mileage for all segments in the trip, not the sum of each segment's mileage band.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by A P Yu
Because you're connecting on to Paris from T5 and fancy a proper breakfast
The vast majority of passengers will choose an airside transfer T3-T5, rather than having to enter the UK at T3 and get a landside bus to T5, just for the sake of getting a slightly better breakfast.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:13 am
Community Director Emerita

When will we have an award chart for Alaska Airlines?

Why are we charged a telephone booking fee when there is no way to book Alaska Airline flights online?

The US has a hub and spoke system that means awards are substantially more costly for anyone who does not live in a hub. Is BA considering allowing connections without additional points as they are doing in the UK?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
When will we have an award chart for Alaska Airlines?

Why are we charged a telephone booking fee when there is no way to book Alaska Airline flights online?

The US has a hub and spoke system that means awards are substantially more costly for anyone who does not live in a hub. Is BA considering allowing connections without additional points as they are doing in the UK?
+1
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by bernardd
The really important question to which I'm darn sure you'll get no answer other than weasel words, is honesty. Why should customers trust a supplier that throws it's own T's & C's away when it suits them?

?
I think I know what you are getting at, but it may not be the best way of asking it. The new T&C we're published right at the front end, several weeks in advance. So saying they just threw them away isn't quite right. ISBC but I suspect you mean - "Can you trust a company that 'sneaks' in a radically different partner reward table with no notice, particularly when it was implied that there would be minimal change to reward levels and many members took this to imply partner rewards too? And how concerned are BAEC that this change to partner rewards appears to disproportionately affect members in a part of the world which is important to BA - viz north America? Are there any plans to address the discontent this has generated, even if they cannot currently be elaborated upon?"
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by HilFly
+1
I'd love to see it, though I suspect they've considered and rejected it. At this point it's going to take at least a year, falling revenues in North America and BAEC members leaving in droves before anything changes.

FWIW I wondered why they didn't opt for an end-to-end distance given the US hub & spoke model, and then I realized they have no reasonable way to price examples like AUS-IAH or BRU-CDG.

My guess is they know this solution isn't perfect, but it's the one that minimizes the impact on the customer group that's currently at the center of their focus, and they've obviously done some study that reassures them they can live without idiots like me.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by henkybaby
So you use the lounge at T5...
Theres no proper breakfast in Galleries Club Henky, just the bacon rind they put in hard bread rolls - or the veggie alternate
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by ColdWalker
I think I know what you are getting at, but it may not be the best way of asking it. The new T&C we're published right at the front end, several weeks in advance. So saying they just threw them away isn't quite right. ISBC but I suspect you mean - "Can you trust a company that 'sneaks' in a radically different partner reward table with no notice, particularly when it was implied that there would be minimal change to reward levels and many members took this to imply partner rewards too? And how concerned are BAEC that this change to partner rewards appears to disproportionately affect members in a part of the world which is important to BA - viz north America? Are there any plans to address the discontent this has generated, even if they cannot currently be elaborated upon?"
No, I was thinking of:

24.1. British Airways may modify, withdraw, amend or add to any Services or other offers or arrangements or impose any requirements or restrictions relating to the use of Services or Rewards. British Airways will give as much advance notice as practicable of such action to Members. Current information is set out on ba.com.
They would have had to have known the structure of the per-sector pricing back on September 1st when they started this process, therefore by implication it was possible to notify members at that time. I'm suspect our own moderators can confirm they had it outlined back in the Summer. That BA didn't do so suggests a commercial reason was more important than observing their own T's & C's.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:06 am

Ah, similar thought then - ie the no notice major change. Maybe "does BAEC believe it complied with the spirit, and letter, of 24.1 when it gave no notice of sector based reward pricing? As this disproportionally affected NA (and mainland European BTW) members do you have plans to address their concerns?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.