Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask the BA Staffer and Heathrow ATC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by kilted_barbarian
How often does lounge food change in T5?

If I see another Goan curry, I swear I'm going to get Goan away to Giraffes!
It was in T3 GC last time I was there too. I just had the pasta.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Heathrow Tower
shogan1977

ATC have no say in stand allocation. Where the outbound a/c departs from is sometimes a fixed value; it's where that aircraft parked from its last flight if it's on a turnaround, and that stand is usually allocated on which stand is free when it lands (or is next to be free - with some consideration to connecting passengers or high yield flights).

At the beginning of the day there will be a grand 'stand plan' for T5 for the whole day (as there is for the other LHR terminals - BA handle the stand allocation plan for T5, BAA do the other terminals), but that is based on a 'perfect world' of everything arrivimng and departing on schedule. As with any plan, they rarely survive contact with the enemy!
Great, thanks Heathrow Tower ^

I am sure it is just coincidence, but it seems I never board l/h from 5A, it always seems to be B or C. Do BA allocate specific l/h destinations to A? Anyone from BA care to comment?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Who is the face behind the writing on the last page of BA Business Life magazine?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Hiddy hiddy smoothies are on me! And I might even extend to one of their delicious brunches!
Eh?

Is this some sort of coded message?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Hiddy hiddy smoothies are on me! And I might even extend to one of their delicious brunches!
Eh?

Is this some sort of coded message?
Sorry, mixture between spell check and inability to edit on iPod app.

I meant giddy giraffe smoothies on me (a lovely refreshing drink on the giraffe menu )
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
After a particularly bumpy 916 to FRA this evening and many people "wearing" their drinks, can crew request extra attention from the cleaners ? Tomato juice up the cabin wall (guilty) does look awfully messy

I guess it's easier if the aircraft is making a night stop, as I suspect mine will, arriving at 22.00.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Sorry, mixture between spell check and inability to edit on iPod app.

I meant giddy giraffe smoothies on me (a lovely refreshing drink on the giraffe menu )
Oh I see.....
Old Dec 4, 2011, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by dunk
After a particularly bumpy 916 to FRA this evening and many people "wearing" their drinks, can crew request extra attention from the cleaners ? Tomato juice up the cabin wall (guilty) does look awfully messy

I guess it's easier if the aircraft is making a night stop, as I suspect mine will, arriving at 22.00.
Had a similar problem on my train tonight, we went through a bumpy patch on the way out of Reading and my hot chocolate (first train in three days that had it for F passengers) nearly ended up all over my seat. Someone else had the same problem a few rows further back.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 3:57 pm

Yes, we can, and fairly often do, although the cleaners (at LGW at least) tend to spot it themselves. It is easier getting a proper clean, timewise, on a nightstop, but then again, the cleaners want to go home too...

My bugbear is the tray tables
Old Dec 4, 2011, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
Thanks for the quick reply.

There were a lot of spilt drinks and we did the best we could with a small pack of tissues, but it's going to be pretty grim in the morning if it's not attended too.

Going OT, it was the worst turbulence I've experienced in 30 year of flying. The FO told us it didn't appear on the weather radar as was a surprise to everyone. Flying glasses, screaming pax and very messy Probably only 3/10 on the whatever scale, but scared the bejesus out of me ! Didn't last too long though.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 5:08 pm

I doubt your the only one.

As a Pax, I hate the filth on some of them yuk
Old Dec 4, 2011, 5:47 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC Silver, A-Club Gold
Thanks for the quick reply.

There were a lot of spilt drinks and we did the best we could with a small pack of tissues, but it's going to be pretty grim in the morning if it's not attended too.

Going OT, it was the worst turbulence I've experienced in 30 year of flying. The FO told us it didn't appear on the weather radar as was a surprise to everyone. Flying glasses, screaming pax and very messy Probably only 3/10 on the whatever scale, but scared the bejesus out of me ! Didn't last too long though.
Had a v bad experience on the way into Buenos Aires on Wednesday, one of those flights where your bum leaves the seat in turbulence, great fun, until carbon crew spilt water on me, she was very concerned and set about mopping my thigh and crotch area, I was too worried about the iPad to appreciate it!

That was LAN btw.....
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Somthingorother, et Mucci
Okay... Q for the ground and/or cabin crew.

I like to keep my boarding passes as a souvenir of my flight. So why is it that sometimes they have to be torn off at boarding and sometimes not? And why is it sometimes the big end that gets torn off and sometimes the little end? (Don't get me started on tearing them off just to mark coats in the wardrobe )
Old Dec 5, 2011, 10:20 pm

Programs: BA BLUE, HH, AC/UA
Originally Posted by wind-blownmind
Okay... Q for the ground and/or cabin crew.

I like to keep my boarding passes as a souvenir of my flight. So why is it that sometimes they have to be torn off at boarding and sometimes not? And why is it sometimes the big end that gets torn off and sometimes the little end? (Don't get me started on tearing them off just to mark coats in the wardrobe )
Online boarding passes actually changed this abit. In the Americas the procedure was changed so that the entire boarding pass was returned to the passenger if the scanners were working properly. (Some stations had a HUGE issue trying to understand this.) In short the airports needed to trust the technology available.) So, in theory in the Americas, at least N. America you should get the entire boarding pass back.
Other than that there's really no rhyme or reason on what part of the boarding pass is returned. Maybe the big stub...maybe the small stub. There isn't, from what I'm aware a standard BA policy on this.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:08 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Originally Posted by NonSmokingWindow
Maybe the big stub...maybe the small stub. There isn't, from what I'm aware a standard BA policy on this.
I don't know if I've ever had a large part returned and the stub retained - I presume this is a hangover from the past, as from the olden days the big bit had the ticket coupon tucked into it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.