Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask the BA Staffer and Heathrow ATC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Every airport in the country is required to have a snow plan. LHR's is now incredibly comprehensive.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by Heathrow Tower
Every airport in the country is required to have a snow plan. LHR's is now incredibly comprehensive.
OK, that's good to hear! ^

Are these things available to the public? I see MUC recently published theirs ...
Old Dec 6, 2012, 1:09 am

Dont they say that every year?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 1:36 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Does LHR have a winter/snow plan?

After events in recent years I'm curious what changes / preparations / investment might or might not have been made for dealing with wintry weather, and how public this information might be.
Yes, they have to have one. I beleive it has been improved and I do know that they have invested in a lot more equipment to clear snow.

Hopefully it will be a lot better than last year, it can't be any worse!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Yes, they have to have one.
Other than "Pray for no snow"????
Old Dec 6, 2012, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ColdWalker
Both. You have to have the recline set so that the blue button on top of the divider is lit. Then it's like the Grand Old Duke of York, neither up nor down.
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Doesn't the seat mechanism click when you reach the correct position and the green light goes on? I always thought that was mechanical locks going in.
More importantly, is it a blue button or a green light? I thought it was the latter.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 4:38 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Heathrow Tower
Would "Pray for no snow" count as a valid snow plan?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by Paralytic
More importantly, is it a blue button or a green light? I thought it was the latter.
It's green. I'm certain it's green. Or maybe...nope. It's green for sure. It's blue on the 318 but that's down beside the seat and actually indicates something is plugged in, rather than the seat position. Which means it must be green for the correct landing/take-off seat position on the 777. Green would make sense. Or is it blue....?

Either way, it's definitely a light!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 5:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by JetSet Lady
It's green. I'm certain it's green. Or maybe...nope. It's green for sure. It's blue on the 318 but that's down beside the seat and actually indicates something is plugged in, rather than the seat position. Which means it must be green for the correct landing/take-off seat position on the 777. Green would make sense. Or is it blue....?

Either way, it's definitely a light!
Well, I'm glad you cleared that up.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 5:46 am

I aim to please, NeverFirst. To Fly To Serve.....

(I just checked. It is definitely a green light.)
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by JetSet Lady
I aim to please, NeverFirst. To Fly To Serve.....

(I just checked. It is definitely a green light.)
Indeed... You are correct. Green light in CW to indicate seat in TOL position and a blue light to indicate that the seat power is in use.

On the new First seats, the light around the seat control dial turns green when the seat is in the TOL position.

Either way... I am not looking forward to any snow disruption this year... I have had my fill the last few years.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:45 am
Original Poster

I must be colour blind - I will add it to the list of my other age related infirmities!

Anyone know why the take off position is where it is?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by ColdWalker
I must be colour blind - I will add it to the list of my other age related infirmities!

Anyone know why the take off position is where it is?
I believe, and could be wrong, that it is designed or designated as the position that would spread out the G force over the largest body area both external and internal, during an impact to best protect the body.

That is what I was told, but as I say, could be an absolute load of tosh...
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Does LHR have a winter/snow plan?

After events in recent years I'm curious what changes / preparations / investment might or might not have been made for dealing with wintry weather, and how public this information might be.
Yes, they have to have one. I beleive it has been improved and I do know that they have invested in a lot more equipment to clear snow.

Hopefully it will be a lot better than last year, it can't be any worse!
o

Does "how to obtain 100,000 hotel rooms at short notice constitute a snow plan?" Just a thought.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I believe, and could be wrong, that it is designed or designated as the position that would spread out the G force over the largest body area both external and internal, during an impact to best protect the body.
It would make sense. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.