Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to obtain a BP for LHR-Europe flight at a US airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2011, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp

Flying TATL on AA and then BA from LHR-Europe booked on separate PNRs.

I was able to get BP printed on a previous trip at DFW when I stopped by the BA contract lounge at DFW Terminal E. When I inquired about the same at the OW Premium Lounge at MIA Concourse E, I was told it would not be a problem.

However at JFK, AA and BA flights depart out of different terminals (AA T8 and BA T7). Since I have to leave the secure area of JFK T8 to get to T7, I asked an AA employee at the AAdmirals Club if she could call the BA ticketing desk at T7, if I could stop by to pick up a boarding pass there. I was surprised to hear that the answer was no.

Are BA agents able to print BPs at US lounges, but not at the ticketing desk at US airports?
Old Nov 19, 2011, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why would you want to run around looking for someone to print your BP, when you could just log on to ba.com and do it yourself from any pc anywhere?
Old Nov 19, 2011, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

I have been getting the following errors in trying to print from the BA website.

Error
Sorry, we are unable to display your online boarding pass for printing on this occasion.To obtain your boarding pass, please review the options below and proceed to the airport. If you are travelling with hand baggage only:- We recommend you use a Check-in kiosk, where available, or alternatively visit an airport desk. If you are travelling with checked baggage:- We recommend you use a dedicated bag drop desk, where available, or alternatively use a conventional airport desk.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 3:59 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

You should be able to obtain your BP for your BA LHR-Europe flight at JFK T8. AA will issue this at the same time you check in for your AA JFK-LHR flight.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Prospero
You should be able to obtain your BP for your BA LHR-Europe flight at JFK T8. AA will issue this at the same time you check in for your AA JFK-LHR flight.
Even when these are on separate PNRs, as postulated by the OP?
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Yes, should still be possible if the flight is within 24 hours.

Simply depends on agent's willingness to do it for you.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 1:39 am

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
use a person not a machine, I tried to check in at LHR T3 for PHL-MIA and the computer said nooo
Old Nov 20, 2011, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
AA should be able to issue this. The agent will probably have to take some special steps to access the flight as it's on a different day.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stifle
AA should be able to issue this. The agent will probably have to take some special steps to access the flight as it's on a different day.
..and thus you are relying on an agent who knows how to do this and or cares enough to try rather than fobbing you off.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 4:30 am
Original Poster

I don't know if AA agents at JFK would know how to print out BA boarding passes. Usually the agents working at the AA lounges are fairly helpful and would be willing to do it if he/she knew how to, but I don't think it was the case. IME, even though BA and IB are under one ownership, I have had problems with BA agents trying to access IB's reservation system and printing me an IB BP.

At least there are plenty of heplful BA agents at the LHR T5 connection desk.

Now does anyone know if there are AA agents at LHR T3 connection desk so I don't have to go through passport control when I do a T5-T3 flight connection on the return journey? I would assume they would.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
..and thus you are relying on an agent who knows how to do this and or cares enough to try rather than fobbing you off.
If you can access an AA F or premium check-in agent (BA Silver or Gold card or flight AA F or business class), they will take the time to fiddle with the system get the BP to print.

If you at a normal Y AA check-in agent, they will normally just focus to try and clear the volume of pax that might be building up. Chances are better if the Y queues are low with loads of agents on duty.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
Certainly BA can do this. I checked in for JFK-LHR and had LHR-CAI later in the day on a separate PNR. Bookings discovered, bags checked through and BP issued for both sectors, no problem.

But then the BA staff at JFK tend to be an exceptional lot ^
Old Nov 20, 2011, 6:59 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
If you leave JFK less than 24 hrs before your LHR departure, have you considered using the BA smartphone app? Would avoid all that hassle with agents etc.

I must confess to now almost exclusively using the mobile boarding passes on BA - the paper ones are such horrible quality nowadays, and since I've moved to a Kindle the need to use the stubs as bookmarks has vanished.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.